View Full Version : 65 Maggie roundie

timmy
03-10-2016, 06:29 AM
Ok so last year this Maggie I have has and still has a pic that should be brighter then it is and at the time I had checked I think it was the bias voltage on the video out tube and the voltage was not right and at the time I parallel another resistor to the 1250 ohm power resistor and the pic was brighter and the voltage that was needed came up . But there were 2 schematics that showed 2 resistors for the same chassis, 1000 and 1250 so when I added that resistor I had brought the ohms down to 1100 and the pic was brighter so I'm thinking of putting in a 1000 ohm 20 watt to replace the 1250 18 watt and leave it at that. Has anyone come across this with power resistors like the 1250 testing ok but when in circuit the value may change . It's a 65 magnavox and I think it's a clone of the 16 , but not sure.

WISCOJIM
03-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Timmy - I think you should have continued one of your other 65 Maggie threads instead of starting a new one. That way people could see what other things you've changed or checked in trying to help you with your low voltage/dark picture problem. It always helps to continue a repair in one thread to keep people updated and interested in helping. Mistakes made or something overlooked in the details of the earlier threads may clue readers into new ideas of what is going on in your set.

timmy
03-10-2016, 10:57 AM
True but I thought that resistor was the culprit because I lowered the ohms and it did improved because there was something about where the voltage comes from for the video output tube and that resistor was responsible for the power in the circuit for the video.