Captain Video
03-05-2016, 04:28 PM
https://www.etsy.com/listing/125948415/elvis-presley-tv-and-record-player-salt

Captain Video
03-05-2016, 04:30 PM
http://www.tias.com/7805/PictPage/1921149841.html

Sandy G
03-05-2016, 05:02 PM
If folks only KNEW how truly NEAT a working Porthole really is, there'd be a Run on 'em. Mine has garnered more compliments & "Wows" than all the rest of my electronic exotica combined..

Captain Video
03-05-2016, 05:46 PM
I have a Zenith porthole, it's TV-radio-phono combo, UNFORTUNATELY I have no way to try to put it working again, I have zero skill in electronics. There's a tech who does maintenance on sets that I have that are ALREADY working, but he never worked on something this old. My little Emerson 1232 has been with him for months now and only God knows when will he finish the job on it.

My Zenith also is in a bad cosmetic shape. Still, everyone to whom I show it gets amazed by it. Even people who are more than 50 years old have no idea that, on the early days of television, TV CRTs were round instead of rectangular.

Electronic M
03-05-2016, 08:51 PM
I have a Zenith porthole, it's TV-radio-phono combo, UNFORTUNATELY I have no way to try to put it working again, I have zero skill in electronics. There's a tech who does maintenance on sets that I have that are ALREADY working, but he never worked on something this old. My little Emerson 1232 has been with him for months now and only God knows when will he finish the job on it.

My Zenith also is in a bad cosmetic shape. Still, everyone to whom I show it gets amazed by it. Even people who are more than 50 years old have no idea that, on the early days of television, TV CRTs were round instead of rectangular.

If he can fix that Emerson then he should be able to fix that porthole (assuming CRT and fly are good).

It is not hard to learn repair. Get a low tube count radio, find it's schematic, replace paper and electrolytic capacitors, test the tubes and resistors (replace bad ones), and it should work....(once you can do radio work)TVs are about the same only there are more parts to address, and some adjustments you need to learn.