View Full Version : Electronics companys

timmy
02-11-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm looking for an electronics company that sells flybacks. I'm looking for a spare fly for my 36 inch RCA not an after market , RCA only they last 6 years where the after market only lasts 3 years. My set was made in 1996 and after a few caps and a new RCA fly I'm back in business for another 6 years. It's a ctc197.

dieseljeep
02-11-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm looking for an electronics company that sells flybacks. I'm looking for a spare fly for my 36 inch RCA not an after market , RCA only they last 6 years where the after market only lasts 3 years. My set was made in 1996 and after a few caps and a new RCA fly I'm back in business for another 6 years. It's a ctc197.

I wouldn't bet on the next six years.
From your last inquiry, in which you received no answers, you stated that when the set is first turned on, there's shadowing and streaking of the colors, for a short time. It's not going to get any better.
Six flybacks in how many years????. :thumbsdn:
I shouldn't be so negative, both the facts speak for themselves. :scratch2:

truetone36
02-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Six flybacks? That's not good. I have sets 60 years old that have never had a problem with the flyback.

Electronic M
02-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Unless there is sentimental attachment, I think that set has WELL outlived any good reason to repair it....Shit can that clunker and get a better CRT set off the free section of Craigslist, or a new flatpannel from a source of your choosing.

timmy
02-12-2016, 06:22 AM
This set works so good it's like having an HD tv it's so sharp one would not believe it. These sets are known for flybacks it's well documented. Made in 1996 The first fly went bad 6 years later, second in 2008 replaced with RCA , third fly in 2011 replaced with after market only got 3 years , forth 2014 replaced with after market, fifth fly didn't last long went bad at the end of 2015 , now I replaced the sixth fly with RCA it's clear the RCA lasts longer since the RCA flys seem to last 6 years each. As for the original post with the problems I was having turned out to be the flyback it caused all kinds of symptoms which all went away after changing the fly. This set out performs any flat panel tv . Obviously after market flyback transformers just don't work as well as the original and in this case I should have learned from the second fly that they last longer and overall are better which the set was designed for. I will post a screen shot of this set you guys can determine what you think. And yes I must be Alittle nuts for holding onto and repairing this set for so many years for it truly works so well and as long as I can get an RCA fly and the crt stays good then why not. :D:D

timmy
02-12-2016, 06:39 AM
Here is the screen shot pic not as good as in person. Sorry it's upside down because I used an IPad and the pics were flipped.

jstout66
02-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Moyers should have them... (they were an RCA dealer)

dieseljeep
02-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Here is the screen shot pic not as good as in person. Sorry it's upside down because I used an IPad and the pics were flipped.

Just run it until the next flyback fails. The CRT should be pretty well spent.
I don't think, you'll want to invest in it by then. :scratch2:

timmy
02-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Just run it until the next flyback fails. The CRT should be pretty well spent.
I don't think, you'll want to invest in it by then. :scratch2:
Well I located an hr number to replace the RCA and also an mcm
Number. If the crt was not good I would have never replaced so many flys. This set produces a picture the same as it did when first bought, and it amazes me how well the crt held up and from what I read years ago about this run of crts is that they will last a long time and it's living up to just that.:D

user181
02-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Have you run a ringer test on the flybacks that you've replaced?

It seems that there may be more wrong with the set than just the flybacks. Perhaps something else is causing them to fail prematurely.

timmy
02-12-2016, 07:55 PM
No ringing required because it's been noted that these sets use flybacks, design flaw so every 6 years or as long as the crt stays healthy I'll change the fly because it works so well.to me it makes no sense to toss it in the trash when I can keep it alive and not have to fall for a shit box flat screen that the colors make some things appear cartoony. The colors on a flat screen are just not warm the way a crt tv is. The flys that fail fast are the after market ones from China like the Asti brand, they just don't hold up but the RCA flys I get 6 years out of one. Who knows the crt can get dark in 6 months for all I know but in the mean time I have my tv back. If the crt goes dark or I loose a gun then it will go to the dump as it won't make sense to find another crt . This set has a 36 inch crt and the anode voltage is 27 kv so if the fly was designed to small it's still a design flaw.