View Full Version : RCA 621ts Parts

vts1134
01-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Does any one need some parts for their RCA 621ts? I need a few parts for a set I found and was considering purchasing a BADLY :no: beat up example to get the original parts I need. If you need anything for your set please respond here, or send me a private message and lets see if we can all get what we need.

I am in need of one of the little brass covers for the front clips, the speaker (although I don't hold out high hopes the one in this set is still good), the channel knob, possibly the wooden speaker slats, and the back. That still leaves the CRT, the high voltage cover, a cabinet that looks relatively all there and ready for a refinish, and some other goodies.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/atq/5383673820.html

pearsonk
01-04-2016, 09:51 AM
I really need the front Wood Bezel, the one around the picture tube.
The glass also would be nice but the wood bezel I really need.
thank
pearsonk

vts1134
01-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I really need the front Wood Bezel, the one around the picture tube.
The glass also would be nice but the wood bezel I really need.
thank
pearsonk

Great! How much is it worth? I was thinking $85 for the back, $15 for the little brass clip, and $5 for the knob. That's $105 for me. I figure once we hear from enough people we can get an offer together and contact the seller.

By the way, the glass will probably have imperfections in between the two layers. Any that I have seen have this flaw. I prefer to have a new piece of safety glass cut to match so it is clear.

miniman82
01-04-2016, 10:36 AM
I need the wood bezel around the CRT and the clips that hold it in. A back would be nice too, but amptech says they will make another run at some point so I'm not really worried about it.

Eric H
01-04-2016, 10:46 AM
That set is a bit rough but its all there, I'd have a tough time parting it out! But I guess parts have to come from somewhere.

bandersen
01-04-2016, 02:02 PM
You can get a reproduction metal back from Amptech systems for $74.99. I've purchased a 630TS, 721TS and TV-12 back from them and they are very good repros.

http://www.amptechsystems.com/reproductions.htm

vts1134
01-04-2016, 02:34 PM
You can get a reproduction metal back from Amptech systems for $74.99. I've purchased a 630TS, 721TS and TV-12 back from them and they are very good repros.

http://www.amptechsystems.com/reproductions.htm

very good.....but not an exact replica.

decojoe67
01-04-2016, 08:15 PM
.......By the way, the glass will probably have imperfections in between the two layers. Any that I have seen have this flaw. I prefer to have a new piece of safety glass cut to match so it is clear.
Just want to mention an important tip. If you get a new piece cut, put sealant on the freshly cut edge or it will eventually show delamination again as the original.

tvdude1
01-05-2016, 06:28 AM
I would purchase the crt if it has any life left in it.

vts1134
01-05-2016, 10:38 AM
I sent the seller an email yesterday, I haven't heard back from him yet. I remember that he had two of these for sale when he listed it a while back and the first one sold fairly quickly.

bandersen
01-05-2016, 11:09 AM
very good.....but not an exact replica.

Sorry, I misread your original post. I thought you were looking for a back.

Yes indeed, you can't back an original!

vts1134
01-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Sorry, I misread your original post. I thought you were looking for a back.

Yes indeed, you can't back an original!

You didn't misread, I am looking for a back (among other things). I bought the replica back for a 621ts before on another set I had and I was very impressed by it, but it was a little thinner than the original.

decojoe67
01-05-2016, 03:14 PM
You didn't misread, I am looking for a back (among other things). I bought the replica back for a 621ts before on another set I had and I was very impressed by it, but it was a little thinner than the original.
The original 621TS back is quite tough with it's thick frame. I was one of the first TV collectors to buy one from Harry Poster around 1990 when no one could believe someone would pay $75 for one! I just had to have one for my newly acquired set!