View Full Version : Dumont RA-103 Decals

Polaraligned
12-23-2015, 05:21 AM
Based on a Google search, I see that Scott Wright has made custom decals for these sets for at least one person (bigaudioal), who I will send a PM again, but he has not responded to my PM from 6 weeks ago. Scott files the artwork by person, not the item he makes the art for. He also needs their permission to reproduce the artwork again.

My set has the artwork mostly worn away, so I can't get a reasonable image for Scott to reproduce.

Does anyone have a source? or has anyone purchased from Scott Wright before?

vts1134
12-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Scott reproduced those decals for me as well. I believe he did them for me before he did the run for Al.

Polaraligned
12-23-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks John,

This is what Scott sent me:

Scott-
I save these files under the name of the person who paid for the artwork, so, I wouldn't know where to look.
These are that person's files. If you can get his permission or can get me the pictures, I can create your own set.
Scott Wright

Can you PM me your full name and permission to reproduce these?
Scott's e-mail is: dandydecals at gmail.com if you want to send permission to him. I would appreciate it.

How did they come out? Good as originals?

I think I am going to get him to make transfers of the Dumont dial scans that Tom A. was kind enough to forward to me.

Anyone else interested? Maybe we can have a bunch made. I know ETF had these available at one time, but they are all gone.

Thank you,
Scott

Polaraligned
12-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Scott Wright has not gotten back to me after John was kind enough to send Scott permission to reproduce his artwork. I know Scott was having some health issues recently.

I got a fast response from Vintage Radio Labels, and ordered a whole sheet filled with RA-103 decals from them. I will make extra sets available.

http://www.vintageradiolabels.com/radio-decals.html

vts1134
12-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Scott Wright has not gotten back to me after John was kind enough to send Scott permission to reproduce his artwork...

I found Scott to be not easy to work with sometimes. I had some decal work done by these fellows http://phonodecal.com/decals/scripts/main1.php. I found them very easy to work with.

Tom Albrecht
12-31-2015, 08:45 PM
I'd be very interested in a set of decals, and will be happy to pay for a share of the expenses, of course. Send me a PM when you're ready. Thanks for taking the initiative to get it done!

bigaudioal
01-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Sorry guys, I have been taking a break from the hobby for a while and I have not been on here for months. I think I may have an entire sheet of these decals. I will look and let you know.

Thx.