View Full Version : 2013 Emerson 32" LED model LF320EM4 help needed

pac.attack76
11-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Rescued this set curbside. Had no visual damage or defect so picked it up for my 10 yr old daughter. Set actually turns on, runs with good sound and button functions but no imaging. Screen lights up with good light but no displays, menu, volume meter or pic. Connected did and nothing but sound. Couldn't be the output connections since even the menu won't display. What should I look for and is this a simple fix or impossible?

Findm-Keepm
11-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Rescued this set curbside. Had no visual damage or defect so picked it up for my 10 yr old daughter. Set actually turns on, runs with good sound and button functions but no imaging. Screen lights up with good light but no displays, menu, volume meter or pic. Connected did and nothing but sound. Couldn't be the output connections since even the menu won't display. What should I look for and is this a simple fix or impossible?

Does it have a VGA connector, or DVI? I helped scrounge an LG LCD set from behind a Sports Authority store once - powered up, but no menu or display, and the backlights were good. Some software switch had turned off all RF/Video, and it was used as a monitor for something. Hooked up my computer, and I had a display. I got a firmware update from LG and installed it via stick at powerup, and the TV came to life, but wants a remote for menu and source switching. Seems to be a commercial product.

Just a thought that might help...

pac.attack76
11-25-2015, 08:29 AM
There's a blue vga plug back there. I'll have to see if I have a cable to try it.

MRX37
11-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Might want to check the LCD ribbon cable.

pac.attack76
11-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Cool, will check that too.

pac.attack76
12-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Might want to check the LCD ribbon cable.

Lcd ribbon cable fine. No change. Now to find my vga cable.

pac.attack76
12-24-2015, 09:46 AM
After a full diagnosis, I've come down to replacing the main board. Video section. Actually contains all the hdmi sockets and connections. $22. Hooking up a did player and switching through the inputs, the buttons all work, sound works, no video at all.

timmy
01-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Signal board, that's the board that has RCA, hdmi, cable connections. Or the connection link between the signal board and the tcon board.