View Full Version : Want to see some vintage color consoles?

rca2000
11-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Watch the new "buzzr network", they show old game shows, such as Let's make a deal, press your luck, etc.

Let's make a deal has been giving away some GE console sets, look like KE, or maybe MA chassis sets. They average $500 or so on the show..

jsowers
11-04-2015, 09:25 PM
I remember watching Let's Make a Deal about 1969 or 70 on my uncle's RCA 25" color console and hearing the bass notes of the organ on the show for the first time. Those old consoles had great speakers and very mellow sound.

My parents were too tight to ever buy a console and the little speaker in our GE KE chassis 21" table model was tinny and covered by a metallic grille. Later on after taking classes in TV servicing and fixing that TV, I bypassed that speaker and put a large speaker on a wood board from a console under it on the cart and improved the sound a whole lot.

sampson159
11-04-2015, 10:46 PM
i remember seeing a curtis mathes set on a game show around 1970 or so.advertised as the finest in the world.550.00 was the suggested retail price.

DavGoodlin
11-09-2015, 03:31 PM
I recall many "Teledyne" Packard Bell TV's on the Price is Right during the early 70s. A brand not seen on the right coast unless it moved East with its owner.

walterbeers
11-09-2015, 07:30 PM
I love watching the old Lets Make a Deal shows. The old TVs, cars, appliances,etc they used to give away. However I rarely get to see them, as we don't get buzzr network. Matter of fact, this is the first time I have heard of buzzr network. The new Lets Make a Deal shows are just not the same without Monty Hall.

dieseljeep
11-09-2015, 08:19 PM
I recall many "Teledyne" Packard Bell TV's on the Price is Right during the early 70s. A brand not seen on the right coast unless it moved East with its owner.

They did make it to the mid-west. There was a few dealers that sold them in Wisconsin. I've seen worst makes out there.
The same dealer, that sold Packard-Bell, originally sold Deforest, a real gem.
Milwaukee TV. There's Sams coverage on the last model, they made. It's under model DKW.
Look it up, if you don't believe me! :scratch2: