View Full Version : RCA 8tk29

Radiotronman
10-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Finally finished restoration of this 1948 RCA tv. It needed total restoration, including the cabinet! Too bad it belongs to someone else, I'd love to keep it now.....the owner sold me the table model, 8tr29; maybe I could do that next!

decojoe67
10-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Finally finished restoration of this 1948 RCA tv. It needed total restoration, including the cabinet! Too bad it belongs to someone else, I'd love to keep it now.....the owner sold me the table model, 8tr29; maybe I could do that next!
Those RCA's are great players and that one looks like no exception. Typically those boxy console TV's have little appeal, but that early version with it's smaller screen, many knobs, and radio dial, makes it quite appealing.

Radiotronman
10-21-2015, 09:59 PM
I agree, I usually prefer the looks of the zeniths and Philcos, but this one has a cool look. It has that two way radio that is neat also. You look at it from one angle is says RCA Victor, then at another angle you actually see the radio dial. The only problem with these models is the tv/radio/aux switch usually has burnt out sections. I was forced to mount a rear switch to change between the functions.

Radiotronman
10-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Here is the 8tr29 tabletop set I have. Hope to restore it soon!

Dubis7
10-23-2015, 06:26 PM
It has that two way radio that is neat also.

Do you mean that is has a built in shortwave transmitter? That would be absurd, yet amazing in a television.

Radiotronman
10-23-2015, 09:59 PM
It has a am/fm radio in the center of the set. The slide rule dial is visible in the center of the knobs.