View Full Version : Early Panasonic LCD TV

andy
09-26-2015, 01:16 PM
I found this 10" Panasonic LCD TV recently at a surplus store (TH-10PC1). It's obviously from Japan. I can't find much about it other than it won a design award in 1994. The LCD has that same metallic look I've seen on early TFT laptop screens.

It's the oldest LCD TV I've seen (apart from battery powered portables). I won't be able to test it for a few days because I'm out of town, and it didn't come with the power supply. Fortunately, it's small enough to fit in my laptop bag on the return trip.

dishdude
09-26-2015, 01:46 PM
That set looks very familiar, I think someone else on here might have one too.

Captainclock
12-30-2015, 07:35 PM
What is up with people buying old Japanese LCD TVs that were originally only sold in Japan? The op here has one and and Kamakiri located one recently that was a Japan Only model (the one that was an early 3D prototype by Toshiba), etc. And how on earth did we in America end up with Japan's old "junk" LCD TVs in our electronic surplus stores? Especially considering that nobody here in America would be able to read the instructions, menus or the control panels because they're written in Japanese instead of English... :scratch2:

CoogarXR
12-31-2015, 02:00 PM
The internet, baby. I used to collect video game systems, and I ordered all kinds of oddball Japanese systems and controllers back then.

I sold it all on ebay a while back, and I am sure people wondered how an American had all this cool Japanese stuff. Crazy-high shipping, that's how!

angelgrig
01-02-2016, 02:03 AM
As you can see,I highlighted the date code on the tv:6 January 1995

dishdude
01-02-2016, 03:01 AM
That's really from '95? Wow. I'd guess early 2000's. Did you get it working?