View Full Version : Possible TV swapmeet Oct 3 at the Early Television Museum

Steve McVoy
08-24-2015, 06:01 AM
We are considering having a swapmeet and sale of some surplus sets from the museum on October 3. Would you attend? Would you bring items for sale?

Kamakiri
08-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Yes.

:D

robert1
08-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Yes, i will attempt to go. i a;so have a couple of things to donate to the musium

rca2000
08-24-2015, 05:17 PM
I will likely be there....and bringing a few things too..

Ray Sieracki
08-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Yes, hope it happens. I will go.

StellarTV
08-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Tempting..... but I just couldn't drive the distance. I'd have to fly, and confine any purchases to items I could pack and ship or check with the airline. First world problems.

Olorin67
08-26-2015, 03:36 PM
always wanted to visit. so this would be great. may have a few things to sell.

Chip Chester
08-31-2015, 10:48 AM
On the fence. I have some gear that could go, mostly broadcast/post stuff, but need to gauge interest. Std-def video patchbays (with cables if you buy them all), 2x ADC audio patch bays, small 70s production switcher (4 or 5 RU self-contained) with documentation, several Panasonic 7750 SVHS machines in reasonable working order/climate controlled storage, and a 16x16 Knox router, (composite analog/stereo balanced audio). Other similar doo-dads, plus three matching 5.5' racks in gray/brushed aluminum trim. Or, three matching 7' racks in black, with sides and doors for back.
All racks fully adjustable front/back rails, on casters. Decent, office-quality paint, and not rusty.

But before I load up all this stuff for a look-see, I need to gauge interest and evaluate pricing, of course. It's mostly infrastructure stuff, rather than rare, collectible sets. Don't know if it would be a draw, or a joke.

If this needs to be moved to Dollars and Sense, feel free to do so, or I'll migrate it via cut/paste. Just trying to gauge the labor vs. return equation.

I'm local, and have a trailer that will haul all. But the stuff isn't going to get into and out of the trailer by itself... :(

Interest from the museum proper would get first dibs.

Chip