View Full Version : Rca 14-s-7052

Doug66
07-17-2015, 09:32 PM
Hey,

I just wanted to show off my latest set I finished. I picked it up a couple of months ago and hadn't planned on starting on it this soon. However, the two sets on my bench were giving me a fit, and I needed an easy fit as a morale booster.

Besides being filthy, it just needed a recap and a few resistors replaced. The yoke cover had melted, and I fabricated some rubber washers to hold it in place.

The cabinet cleaned up ok. I haven't decided if I am going to repaint it or not.

DavGoodlin
07-19-2015, 10:20 PM
That looks great and the CRT is bright like most of those 14RP4 s. Being a 90 degree deflection with the standard sized electron gun makes these more durable than the later 110 degree "skinny sets'
Possibly these are great sets because they were simple basic design using power transformers. Yours has the plastic handle rather than the leather one that dry rots.

Yours must have been sold in an area with several UHF channels, most were VHF only. Ive re-capped a few of these and the respond better than many similar sets of 1957, namely GEs.

As for painting, if the cabinet is aluminum like mine, it may need special prep and paint.