View Full Version : Entertainment System

Gregb
07-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I picked up a new Entertainment System that I thought might be of interest to the group. Its a Canadian Fleetwood and the pics are below, as you can see it is in really good condition. I have recapped the radio and it works great, cleaned up the TV chassis and checked all the tubes, there were two bad ones. The picture tube tests as good as new, I have never got an old set with a tube that tests as good as this with excellent cutoff as well. Powered it up on my variac and was rewarded with a pretty good picture but it will need to be recapped. The record player has some issues and will need to be gone through.
Its a model 21-65 with chassis #55M11 so if anyone has any Canadian service info I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Gregb

Electronic M
07-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Nice set and display space! If the TV works decently (synched picture, audio, etc) as is, then you may be able to get by recapping without schematic....As long as you don't get distracted and swap connections (I often put a reminder clip lead across the nodes the part I'm removing is connected to when I do such work). Good luck servicing it.

Gregb
07-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Your right Tom, I don't "need" a schematic but I do like to have it just for the record as I put together an info package with each set I do for the future resto guy listing everything I did to it and as much info as I can find on it. It does give a decent picture as is with good lock and sound just a little short on height.

Gregb

hi_volt
07-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Very nice! I love blondes......

Gregb
07-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Very nice! I love blondes......

Me too, soon as I saw it I had to have it.

Gregb

Gregb
07-17-2015, 06:36 PM
I have the TV and the radio finished and working good. See below for a screen shot and a chassis shot, nice solid copper chassis. The picture looks much better in person I just haven't figured out how to take a good picture of a TV yet.

Gregb

Sandy G
07-17-2015, 07:27 PM
"Lay" people don't understand that if the B/W set you have has a great picture, you DON'T really miss its not being in color...

dieseljeep
07-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Me too, soon as I saw it I had to have it.

Gregb

From the looks of the Collaro changer, it's from 1955-57.
I see the radio tunes the BCB and 6-18 MHZ shortwave band. Didn't Canada have FM back then?
That set is really ultra-clean! Great addition to your collection. :thmbsp: