View Full Version : Andy's Magnavox

Eric H
06-21-2015, 03:36 AM
From season 8 of The Andy Griffith Show, the one where Aunt Bee gets a cooking show.

It must have been a brand new set at the time it aired in Jan 1968.
Notice what appears to be a piece of black tape over the Magnavox name on the control panel, they must not have been a sponsor.

Username1
06-21-2015, 05:51 AM
?

stromberg6
06-21-2015, 07:21 AM
The Dick Van Dyke show also used Magnavox props. Most rado and TV props in movies and TV shows were Zenith. Wonder why...:scratch2:

dieseljeep
06-22-2015, 09:31 AM
From season 8 of The Andy Griffith Show, the one where Aunt Bee gets a cooking show.

It must have been a brand new set at the time it aired in Jan 1968.
Notice what appears to be a piece of black tape over the Magnavox name on the control panel, they must not have been a sponsor.

If anyone followed the "Sopranos" on HBO, they would purposely mention brand names and show the products. The TV's were Philips and they had a larger logo, instead of hiding it. :D

Jon A.
06-22-2015, 11:21 AM
If anyone followed the "Sopranos" on HBO, they would purposely mention brand names and show the products.
Including the guns? "Don't leave home without it".

Carmine
06-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Looks like the prop department really put a lot of effort into cutting that black tape neatly. I think I could have done a better job at age 8.

Eric H
06-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Looks like the prop department really put a lot of effort into cutting that black tape neatly. I think I could have done a better job at age 8.

It's a bit sloppy but with the limits of definition back then probably
no one would have noticed.