View Full Version : Hey, captainmoody!

veg-o-matic
11-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Okay, I give.

What is that new avatar of yours?

bgadow
11-05-2004, 10:49 PM
well, veg, you made me look! and I can't figure it out either. But then, I can't even figure out how to put up my OWN avatar...

Eric H
11-05-2004, 11:24 PM
looks like telephone equipment?

veg-o-matic
11-06-2004, 09:08 PM
looks like telephone equipment?

That was my first thought, too. Hmmm. Maybe The Good Cap'n wants to keep us guessing for a while!

Let's see. I remember him having Goering? Goebbles?--one of that crowd, anyway, and that ad for toilet seats. One or two others I forgot.

Nope, can't seem to come up with a common thread here!

Nick_the_'Nole
11-07-2004, 01:51 AM
It is telephone equipment, I guess I'd call it a patch panel but don't really know if there's a more specific technical term for what it does... I seem to even remember an old thread awhile back about collecting vintage telephone equipment where he posted a better pic of it. Or maybe I'm just imagining things on the latter part, but I'm too lazy to try and find it to be sure...

captainmoody
11-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Yup, It is old telephone equipment. I collect that too! I should have put up a picture of a "66" punch down block next to my 1A2 system.
That is a picture of the termination box from my old house, It was installed in 1954 and was part of a 1A1 system there.
Was a really cool setup from what I heard, 2 lines with intercom! woo hoo!
It served the church, the rectory (later became my house) and the house next door. Of course when the church sold the house the phone company grabbed everything back except the termination box. Two 25 pair cables are still in an underground pipe that goes from my old houses basement to the neighbors. They were asking me about that and I invited them over to explain. Seems that they had no idea that the church owned both houses.