View Full Version : Attn: Chicago Area Collectors URGENT!!!

ohohyodafarted
03-29-2015, 05:31 PM
I just received a call from Ron Steinberg in Chicago. He is moving his business and needs to find a new home for a very nice Radio Craftsmen set in pristine condition. I believe he said he has 2 different Radio Craftsmen sets for the taking. IE: FREE. But you must act immediately.

He has to be moved out of the location he is in with in 24 hours and would like to find a new home for the sets. If you recall these sets are the ones with the chrome plated chassis. If nobody come to the rescue of these sets, they will be going into the trash.

I am posting this notice on Sunday evening around 6PM. Please rescue these sets. IF I was in the Chicago area, I would snap them up in a flash.

Call Ron Steinberg immediately to arrange to pick these 2 rare sets up. 847-875-4326 which is Ron's cell phone. He is expecting your call. The sets are at 3900 Des Plaines River Rd, Schiller Park, IL 60176 at Ron's company Rent Com Inc.

Good Luck

rca2000
03-29-2015, 06:04 PM
I alerted Doug Harland--he is not far away. Hopefully he--or someone--can go there.

miniman82
03-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Damn, I should have taken him up at the last convention. I recall he wanted to sell them to me, but I never got around to it.

radioactive
03-31-2015, 08:15 AM
Someone's going to get a nice setup.

Dave S
04-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Anyone?

ChrisW6ATV
04-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Bob, I hope someone was able to save that set. But, here is the interesting part of your message, for me: I never knew Ron was an early TV set collector, and I used to work across the street from his company in its old location. That was 1981-84. The company I worked for provided a few items to his company (commercial video equipment rental). He got me a good deal on the Sony Profeel "component TV" system when they came out in early 1982. At that time, I had a number of my early TV sets, but did not yet know enough about how to restore them (since there were no books, clubs, or forums then).

Thanks for posting his information-I hope he does not mind a non-related phone call.