View Full Version : porthole and 1957 zenith

kramden66
07-26-2014, 03:00 PM
i'm thinking of selling these two sets if i do i will post in the for sale section thing i'd like to know is if anyone is close enough and interested in one or the other ? the porthole is the version thats 16" and has that little knob at the top of the screen thats for the built in antenna, the zenith is the 21" console..... both recapped and working.
mike

Sandy G
07-26-2014, 03:11 PM
To anyone who thinks they MIGHT want a Porthole, but is "Wavering" a bit, lemme say this-My 12" Porthole has given me MORE fun & pleasure than about all of the rest of my sets put together. It NEVER fails to impress "Civilians" or especially kids who've often never seen a largish B/W set, or one that's so ODD to their used to grey boxes as TVs eyes. Mine has been a WONDERFUL ambassador for our rather unusual little hobby, I think.

kramden66
07-26-2014, 05:36 PM
they are great if i didn't have a 10" i wouldn't think of getting rid of the 16" but i want to thin out a little

bigaudioal
07-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Sandy, which Zenith 12 inch portal do you have? I have the 12 inch Graemere console which I got from Bob Anderson. It is waiting for me to get to it one day.
:thmbsp: