View Full Version : porta color on analog cable

DaveWM
07-23-2014, 12:58 PM
figured better get these before the cable cuts it off forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXqtSkc5FIw

gonna have to get some more modulator so I can get at least a few channels working, as I like to turn the knobs.

zenith2134
07-23-2014, 03:46 PM
When my cable company got near the end of its days of supplying analog service, they re-assigned the channels so that 2 thru 13 were the same as the network affiliates' over-air channels, and they even threw in basic-cable stations on the unused channels (in NYC, these were 3, 6, 8, 10, 12) So it was a pleasure to use an old rotary tuned set on their feeds.
All gone now. Used to watch a Philco Seventeener and many other sets on the analog service.

Fairlane500skyliner
07-24-2014, 11:36 PM
gonna have to get some more modulator so I can get at least a few channels working, as I like to turn the knobs.

I successfully did something similar a while back, using UHF channels 35 and 50. I had all my television accessories (DVD player, VHS player etc.) connected up to a modulator outputting on UHF 35, and a set-top box outputting onto UHF 50. That worked great, as I could change the channels using the television's rotary tuner.

I'd like to do that again one day, though using several VHF modulators so the system is compatible with my pre-1979/80 sets. :smoke:

Chris

BigDavesTV
08-02-2014, 04:58 PM
In the area I live, there is zero analog tv:( The only channel I need to have working is 3, I put an outdoor antenna with a rotor in my attic, I get several over air digital channels, I go thru "the box" and get analog output to channel 3. I can also connect a vcr or DVD player output to channel 3. That works for all my classic tv's in the man cave, of course the living room flat screen is on hi-def cable! That's a compromise that keeps my dear wife happier!