View Full Version : Mystery R.C.A. engineering sample colour C.R.T.

BRC2000
06-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Mystery R.C.A. engineering sample colour C.R.T.

This tube was found in a 1968 U.K. made Ekco CT 104 colour TV I am restoring . The tube had such a bad cataract that the screen came off. Bonded tubes were not used in UK made colour TVs. This tube has been tested and gives 90%+ readings on all three guns so I would like to reuse it. The questions are what type of tube number is it, are the bands which have been used to hold the mounting lugs to the tube also to prevent tube implosion, is the tube safe to use?
I hope someone with more experience with this type of tube can help.
Thanks
Keith

dieseljeep
06-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Mystery R.C.A. engineering sample colour C.R.T.

This tube was found in a 1968 U.K. made Ekco CT 104 colour TV I am restoring . The tube had such a bad cataract that the screen came off. Bonded tubes were not used in UK made colour TVs. This tube has been tested and gives 90%+ readings on all three guns so I would like to reuse it. The questions are what type of tube number is it, are the bands which have been used to hold the mounting lugs to the tube also to prevent tube implosion, is the tube safe to use?
I hope someone with more experience with this type of tube can help.
Thanks
Keith
It looks like a 19EYP22 CRT.
Maybe, Ekco used Signode strapping, instead of a conventional mounting assembly. Unless the banding is cemented on, it's not considered to be implosion protection.
I definitely would use the CRT. :scratch2:

ChrisW6ATV
06-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Very nice find!

Wow, that faceplate material is the most-deteriorated that I have ever seen. Maybe if we knew how that CRT has been stored, we could do the same thing on purpose with the ones that we want to "fix". :)