View Full Version : RCA 12kp4a crt

timmy
06-03-2014, 08:17 AM
hey all, i have this 12kp4a RCA crt that is a NOS and was missing the dag because of it being stored in a damp location but i since replaced the dag. it measures 600 on the bk 440 crt tester well into the good zone as well as other test functions are perfect. question here is what this tube is worth as i am thinking of posting it on ebay. another thing is i really dont want to ship it for fear of it getting broken in shipment so if i list it i will probably take a chance with the pick up only option. unless someone here may be interested because i thought about holding on to it for a possible future project but i really like the round color sets better.

WISCOJIM
06-03-2014, 09:50 AM
How do you know it's really NOS?

timmy
06-03-2014, 09:54 AM
the person i got it from had the box but was all rotton and he had several others with boxes but were stolen.

DaveWM
06-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Nice dag replacement.

they can be boxed and shipped if done right and will make it much easier to sell.

You just need to try and duplicate the normal orig CRT boxing with the hash tag looking neck protection, then double box with correct cushioning material on all sides. New quality boxes of course.

WISCOJIM
06-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Yes, nice looking application.

If you are trying to sell it on eBay as NOS, a lot of people won't be convinced it is truly NOS without the warranty tags and a brand matching box and date code. Could be a tough sell, or go for far less than it's worth. And then you have all their fees to pay.

I'd try as Dave suggested. Build a sturdy container, and then try to sell it in the classifieds here.

timmy
06-03-2014, 10:29 AM
well there is alot of b&w 12 inch sets out there so maybe one day ill take another on or just sell it.

DaveWM
06-03-2014, 10:32 AM
if you want to guarantee finding a local tv, sell the CRT you have, then the next day a set will show up at your front door needing a CRT.

timmy
06-03-2014, 10:59 AM
lol,lol, oh yes thats the truth, it probably would happen just like that and then ill be kicking myself.

Marco-nix
06-04-2014, 07:37 AM
hey all, i have this 12kp4a RCA crt that is a NOS and was missing the dag because of it being stored in a damp location but i since replaced the dag. it measures 600 on the bk 440 crt tester well into the good zone as well as other test functions are perfect. question here is what this tube is worth as i am thinking of posting it on ebay. another thing is i really dont want to ship it for fear of it getting broken in shipment so if i list it i will probably take a chance with the pick up only option. unless someone here may be interested because i thought about holding on to it for a possible future project but i really like the round color sets better.

If you really want to sell this set by eBay, the shipping will kill us..:no:

Marco-nix
06-04-2014, 07:38 AM
the person i got it from had the box but was all rotton and he had several others with boxes but were stolen.

STOLEN !!!... Don't touch...:no: