View Full Version : sony profeel VTX 1000R KX2501 service manuals

victor3d
04-02-2014, 09:50 AM
I have a profeel system that I pur enjoychased new back when that I still really....needs some servicing and I could proceed blind but would be nice to have any service manuals that may be out there somewhere. I have done some searches etc but come up with zip.....any ideas as to where to look etc much appreciated.....thanks

kx250rider
04-02-2014, 11:20 AM
There were three manuals for that set; the monitor, the tuner, and the separate adjustment manual. The manuals aren't particularly rare, so you should be able to find a set on eBay within a fairly short time.

I know that Profeel very well... What does it seem to be doing?

Charles

victor3d
04-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Charles......thanks....looks like my posting got a little jumbled....that's another problem..a sony vaio laptop....unless I point the cursor out of the eamil box then the writing jumps around....thought maybe it was some hot key issue...frustrating.

anyway, I have the three original manuals but am looking for service info like schematics etc.....I have lost the audio but still have some broken audio through the headphone jack.....I saw some posting regarding this issue and think that it may be in the KV1000 tuner.....I am getting ready to tear it apart and have a look......Also, many years ago I lost the picture and brought it into a local repair place......they got it working but the picture was never the same...washed out...they told me that it had something to do with the comp filters. finally, I still have the original parts/ disassembled digital connector to enable the monitor as a digital monitor. I have never been able to find any directions as to how to connect this, what the pin out is etc.

kx250rider
04-02-2014, 07:47 PM
I meant the service manuals with schematics, but the adjustments are in a supplement (very frustrating; not sure why Sony did that).

The sound problem could be either in the monitor on in the VTX tuner, but to verify which unit it causing it, just hook up the audio output from the VTX to any stereo or boombox with stereo inputs, and see if the sound is OK. You won't be able to control the volume from the VTX, but you will know if the audio is coming out correctly. The headphone jack has it's own volume control, so that might be dirty and intermittent as a separate problem. ALSO, if you're using the DIN cable from the VTX to the monitor, try not using that but just use a regular video cable and a pair of audio cables from the VTX to the monitor. That will eliminate problems with the DIN sockets or cable as possibilities. As far as the washed-out picture, I don't know why the comb filter would have anything to do with that, but I have to trust the other tech's opinion since I haven't seen your set myself. There IS a common washed-out picture problem on those, which is usually with one side of the screen too bright and washed out, and the other dim. If yours is like that, you may have a bad capacitor in the KX-2501 in the 200-volt line feeding the G1 or G2 of the CRT. I'd have to look at the manual again to verify the location and value of that cap, but I can do that if you need. I think it's a 10uF @ 250v electrolytic, and it is after a scan diode near where the flyback wires go to the sweep board.

Charles

zeno
04-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I am note sure if this is the same set BUT there is a
Sony model on a pedestal with seperate tuners. When
you pull the back it explodes into pieces. It has
2 heavy Speakers on the back & cant take the weight.
Must have used the wrong plastic. Kinda hard to tell
the customer, luckily when we took it in he told us
something was rattling inside. Was a few pieces from
the back. We did a few of these sets, always bad
PC cons.

73 Zeno:smoke:

victor3d
04-03-2014, 08:53 AM
thanks guys for the replys.....zeno.....not sure if the set that you refer to is the same as mine or not but I will be sure and be careful when removing the back.

Charles, I did some digging through all of my stored stuff and found the original manuals...in addition I found two separate detailed schematics with partial parts list etc......I do remember now that these came with the set which is not the usual operendi but I would guess that since this was supposed to be a somewhat professional "profeel" set that sony did include the schematics. So if anyone else may ever need a copy then I guess I can try and scan it but it is very large so would have to scan a piece at a time.

Charles, thanks for all of the information and suggestions....I will try everything that you suggest and let you know how things turn out just as soon as I can get my emerson model 45 off of the bench (almost done with that). The picture does seem to be uniformly washed out but will have a closer look....whatever casused the picture to go in the first place took out the whole picture...as a matter of fact as I think back, I think that the set would not power up at all....I was a fuse on the schematic but that woudl not explain why after comming back from the tech that the picture was washed out and perfect before that. I love this set.

victor