View Full Version : I need another project like...

john f
03-28-2014, 02:10 PM
...a hole in my head. But I couldn't let a Dumont RA-112 go to the dumpster when $30 would save it.

bigaudioal
03-28-2014, 02:12 PM
NICE!!! Love to see another DuMont survive! :banana:

john f
03-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Admittedly, it's a little ragged. some delaminating of the veneer around the bottom edges and the legs are pretty rotted from sitting in a basement for god knows how long, but not terrible. I have a woodworker friend who could probably duplicate the legs from the good one it has.
I found it in Fair Lawn, NJ, which is only one town over from what is now Elmwood Park, formerly East Paterson. This set just might have been a town away from its birthplace it's entire life.

bigaudioal
03-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Admittedly, it's a little ragged. some delaminating of the veneer around the bottom edges and the legs are pretty rotted from sitting in a basement for god knows how long, but not terrible. I have a woodworker friend who could probably duplicate the legs from the good one it has.
I found it in Fair Lawn, NJ, which is only one town over from what is now Elmwood Park, formerly East Paterson. This set just might have been a town away from its birthplace it's entire life.

My Mother's grandparents lived in Paterson, NJ. That is where the picture (early 50s) was taken of my Mother watching her first TV - DuMont. That is the whole reason I was after a RA-108, which I was lucky enough to find, thanks to Tim in Buffalo!