View Full Version : Good score today

bigaudioal
03-16-2014, 09:48 PM
A buddy in my antique car club is a contractor and was at a house quoting a job and saw the guy had all this old electronics equipment/parts, etc. He started talking to the guy and turns out he did not want most of the stuff. It belonged to a friend of his wife's, whose husband died and it was his stuff. He was looking to "give" it away. My buddy gave him my contact info and I went over to his place today and came away with a good haul. Here are some photos:

1. Tubes, tubes and more tubes
2. Tub is full of resistors, mica caps, diodes, sand covered power resistors, terminal strips, electrolytic cap can insulating rings, tube sockets, and more! :D
3. US ARMY tube tester
4. Heathkit Ham set
5. Signal Generator
6. Other tubs of resistors, more test equipment
7. Drawers of stuff that I have not even looked at yet
8. Transistor Tester

Dumped stuff in my storage unit until I can get it home. Cannot wait to go through all this stuff. Guy wanted to unload it all so fast that I did not get a chance to really go through most of it. There could be anything in those tubs and drawers!

bigaudioal
03-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Rest of photos

Dangler
03-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Sweet!

Einar72
03-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Cool Heathkit. I'm looking for its HF cousin, the RX-1 Mohawk...

kvflyer
03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
It is good that this stuff was saved from the dump. Most people do not know what it is and see very little use for it. I am embarrassed to tell you all that back in 1988, my uncle passed away. He was 83. I helped his daughter get rid of "stuff" I remember dumping boxes of tubes into the dumpster and at least one case of NOS Oscilloscope CRTs. My uncle worked for Westinghouse and at the time, I was not into tubes. I had moved on into solid state devices.

Only in the last few years, have I gravitated back to vacuum tubes. Oh well. Most likely there were some NOS 45 tubes there because my uncle repaired radios. Hmmm. I wonder what happened to the Atwater Kent console that was in the living room???

DavGoodlin
03-17-2014, 11:29 AM
That looks like a nice variety there. Did I see three tube testers?
Somebody is always looking to trade up to better equipment and MAARC has a good swap meet down there.

Sandy G
03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Now, THAT'S a "Scroe !" (grin) Good Job !

BigDavesTV
03-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Wow, lucky day for you:) I see lots of TV tubes there, and a lot of nice equipment as well, great score!

truetone36
03-17-2014, 11:49 AM
That's a lot of good stuff there. It's good that these parts and equipment gets saved instead of getting tossed. I've added the contents of 2 radio shops and 2 TV repair shops to my stash in the last few years, and I'm negotiating for all of the SAMS and equipment and parts from a third right now. My landlord is a former TV repairman who retired in '96 and has kept all his stuff since then.