View Full Version : broke the panel

devoid
01-13-2014, 04:14 PM
On my year old Panasonic TC-L42E5. I'm thinking I could replace it rather than the whole set. It's a LG panel. Marked lc420eun(se)(m3). Where do I buy one of these? Onlything new here to me is the tech. I've swapped out plenty of CRT's.

bob91343
01-13-2014, 05:19 PM
I replaced a laptop screen. Just google the model and you may find replacements. I think I paid about $65. Also, there were videos showing the procedure.

CoogarXR
01-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Swapping a large LCD panel is time consuming but not hard.

I would just keep checking ebay for a panel. Used panels are tough to find. I know the place I worked for, if a tv had a good panel, we fixed it instead of parting it out. I bet a lot of places use that logic.

You can figure out what other make/models that panel was used in too. You might be able to find a whole TV, different make/model, that doesn't work and get it for the panel. Just a quick look, it looks like the VIZIO M420KD and a few others use that panel.

Eric H
01-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Probably be easier to find a set with bad electronics and swap those. Changing a panel sounds like a lot of work!

jr_tech
01-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Please pardon the off topic post, but I gotta ask; Devoid, what is your Avatar? I have seen that somewhere before, but can't place it.
thanks,
jr

devoid
01-13-2014, 07:27 PM
My avatar from AK.

Back in the 90's, a long time ago, I fixed electronics for a living. And this Panny is real easy to work on compaired to other LCD sets I've worked on. Just need to find the panel. I got a lead from Alibaba. Will see how that goes. For an LCD I really like this set. Though my plasma smokes it. I'll see if I can find some other sets that use the same.