View Full Version : RCA victor deluxe just a white screen

rob Cashin
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
So again, ive dragged home another fine piece. 195? RCA Victor Deluxe. Im not sure of the model i couldnt find a sticker or stamp. The cabinet is pretty beat but its all there. I brought it home, cleaned all the ajustments and brought it up on my new variac (I finally decided just plugging it in isnt a good idea). All the tubes started to come on, the picture tube started to roll and no buzz or excessive heat and no smoke. i let it run for about 10 minutes and tried to get a picture with the dish. All i got was a white screen and what sounded like static. Im sure it needs a recap, but any ideas where to begin? Ill post some better pictures when i get home.

Findm-Keepm
11-09-2013, 05:20 PM
So again, ive dragged home another fine piece. 195? RCA Victor Deluxe. Im not sure of the model i couldnt find a sticker or stamp. The cabinet is pretty beat but its all there. I brought it home, cleaned all the ajustments and brought it up on my new variac (I finally decided just plugging it in isnt a good idea). All the tubes started to come on, the picture tube started to roll and no buzz or excessive heat and no smoke. i let it run for about 10 minutes and tried to get a picture with the dish. All i got was a white screen and what sounded like static. Im sure it needs a recap, but any ideas where to begin? Ill post some better pictures when i get home.

First, establish the model/chassis - look for the Chassis number - you are looking for a KCSXX number. That'll get you servicing info that will have a schematic, voltage values and more service info. Then, look for any wax caps that will need replacing, and establish what electrolytics need replacing - the service info (Sams Photofact) will help with this. Best tip I can give - post any problem or question here, and the experts will help!

Cheers,