View Full Version : TK-41 in a Toyota Commercial

vallieone
10-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Just a quick glimpse of the TK-41 in the opening moments, left hand corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvJV2sUVZtc

egrand
10-16-2013, 06:14 AM
They've been showing a different version of that commercial during baseball playoff games. I hadn't noticed that it was a TK-41. Funny that it is used in a B&W portion.

I think Toyota is trying to make it look like their cars were cool in the 60's and 70's, which they weren't. I laugh every time I see one of their retro commercials because I figure it's tough finding good examples since they were real rust buckets back then.

truetone36
10-16-2013, 12:56 PM
I remember the Toyotas of the 70's, and they were cheaply made junk.

Celt
10-16-2013, 02:38 PM
My oldest brother bought a brand new Corolla in '74 and it lasted two months before the engine blew in it.
I remember being appalled at it's cheap construction too. But then, the American cars weren't anything to brag about either.

kx250rider
10-17-2013, 10:55 AM
My oldest brother bought a brand new Corolla in '74 and it lasted two months before the engine blew in it.
I remember being appalled at it's cheap construction too. But then, the American cars weren't anything to brag about either.

I hadn't noticed the TK-41 until shown here, and I had seen the commercial a number of times. Nice catch!

I remember Toyota and all Japanese cars being ridiculed and hated by many when I was a little kid. Mainly because my household and most people I was around, were also in World War II veteran-headed households.

Charles

NewVista
10-17-2013, 11:23 AM
prop? made in woodshop?

Jon A.
10-17-2013, 11:38 AM
I remember Toyota and all Japanese cars being ridiculed and hated by many when I was a little kid. Mainly because my household and most people I was around, were also in World War II veteran-headed households.

Charles
Whoa, how times have changed for Toyota huh? Now those cars and Hondas dominate the road. Very boring. I was a bit disappointed when I saw that this was a commercial for a brand-new Corolla as I don't like those that are any newer than 1984. I'm not fussed about the first car shown or the Supra either.