is this unit any good?
just bought one off ebay for $35
but now i need to find a remote for it

waltchan
10-15-2013, 03:39 PM
is this unit any good?
just bought one off ebay for $35
but now i need to find a remote for it
Oh wow, a DVD recorder/VCR for $35 shipped. This unit is made by Funai, and I believe this one comes without a built-in tuner. Just watch out for the fragile VCR compartment.

jmm83
10-15-2013, 03:57 PM
yes it does not have a built in tuner
I think there is a model that has it though
I just hope it don't get damaged in shipping

waltchan
10-16-2013, 03:24 AM
yes it does not have a built in tuner
I think there is a model that has it though
I just hope it don't get damaged in shipping
The one with the built-in-tuner is DVR670, and I have it. I bought it brand new in the box for $500 shipped. Subtract $350 if it doesn't have a built-in tuner.

jmm83
10-16-2013, 09:55 AM
oh ok
i will have to look that one up
how has it been working for you?

reeferman
11-25-2013, 10:59 AM
My first DVR670 works so well I bought a second one.

dieseljeep
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Oh wow, a DVD recorder/VCR for $35 shipped. This unit is made by Funai, and I believe this one comes without a built-in tuner. Just watch out for the fragile VCR compartment.

I have a couple Toshiba VCR's. I think, they're made by Orion, not Funai!
I've been out of the repair loop for several years, so I could be wrong. :boring:

waltchan
11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
I have a couple Toshiba VCR's. I think, they're made by Orion, not Funai!
I've been out of the repair loop for several years, so I could be wrong. :boring:
They were either made by LG, Orion, or Funai for all the Toshiba DVD recorders out there.

DrDKW
12-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Well, if there's a prize for cheapest VCR/DVD recorder, I just picked up the Toshiba DVR620 at a local Goodwill store for $6.25! New in the box, which had been opened and resealed, but the unit, remote, batteries, cables and manuals were all in their various untouched wrapping, baggies and shrink-wrap.
No signs of any flood-damage or other defects. A shred of wrapping-paper stuck to the box indicates maybe this was an unwanted gift that someone donated. No idea why the price was so low except that often people donate their old units inside the box that the new one came in. So maybe nobody at Goodwill looked too closely. It was for sale at H H Gregg last spring, for about $240, and K-Mart last month for about $190. This summer I bought a new Magnavox (Funai) VCR/DVD recorder at Wal-Mart for $165
The Toshiba seems to be working fine. I'll try to be gentle with the 'fragile VCR compartment'.
Didn't know one could still get these with built-in tuners.

Happy Motoring, Mark D.