View Full Version : Sony MCZ3001 AFTERMARKET CHIP ?

duckland 23
09-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Hi guys I was wondering if you guys can tell what off brand chips that say that come from ebay are the junk chips that can cause problems and start fire and mess up the D board in a sony KV=40XBR800television . I seen a post from a guy that had the chips that there the juck aftermarket chip start fire on him . I also read this from a seller on ebay too . I found the MCZ3001D chips on ebay he said there oem chips from sony . I think Im going to wait for his response on if he can guaranty that there sony oem chips . Just to poiunt out I bought the chips from ebay and I got the mcz3001db chips But Im unsure of if there the counterfeit mcz3001db chips from china that can mess up your day . Please let me know . I think now I got the right chips and are oem chips from sony mcz3001d chips from ebay , Im just waiting for the seller to confirm and guaranty there oem chips from sony . I also read a man on videokarma used the counterfeit chips from ecompass .parts and that a oem supplyer for sony too . They sold the counterfeit chips too . So be carful .

can you guys Help me identify the aftermarket knockoff chips that can runnthe D board in the sony television .

rcaman
09-26-2013, 10:01 PM
don't even go there. just order from audio lab of georgia and be done with it. i know. steve

daro
09-26-2013, 11:11 PM
I used to replace those quite often in late model Sony's & in some sets they actually 2 of those dreaded IC's so you had to replace the both to avoid any callbacks or bonces.

We used to source these from WES components when I was working in the TV service industry.

duckland 23
09-27-2013, 01:39 AM
Guys I got a set MCZ3001D sony OEM chips from ebay from a seller with a good reputation from feedback of people using his chips and working fine .The other chips I had bought from ebay is aftermarket chips and the seller is going to let me return them to him . I don't want to take a chance on non sony parts . I read that one guy on videokarma has them start on fire on him.

Well Next week when I get the new chips from ebay Im going to install them in the television .

duckland 23
10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
oH seen on another forum that someone told me to replace the flyback transformer too . Is that over kill to do ?.

zeno
10-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Does Sony still sell them ? We got all ours from Sony parts in KC.
Not cheap, IIRC $18 each. I dont know how you can tell a
fake one. If its Sony packaged it would be easy to fake that to.
They can say anything they want, its not as if they are a local
that wakes up needing four new tires !!!

73 Zeno:smoke:

zeno
10-04-2013, 09:57 AM
oH seen on another forum that someone told me to replace the flyback transformer too . Is that over kill to do ?.
If the set comes up at all the FBT is OK 99 %. The wide CRT sets
did have a few FBT's go. I cant speak for the 40" sets, none of
the ones we sold broke down. Only worked on one. It had been
hit by lightning & insurance paid it off. Even had the OEM stand.
The customer paid us to junk it. It was only the line fuse,
a miracle for sure:yes:

73 Zeno:smoke:

duckland 23
10-04-2013, 02:38 PM
I going to have a pro come to my house to install the chips He said 80.00 if I remove the back cover for him . I told him not a problem I can do that . I wanted a pro to install the chips and check out the set for other problems too . It may need some new caps in the D=Board and I can get them local in town too.