View Full Version : And yet another issue w/Avanti

TinCanAlley
08-22-2013, 12:14 AM
So, earlier today I went over the grayscale settings as the G2 voltages were too low from the last attempt. All went well and the voltages and brightness are all up.

So now the new issue. I'm having trouble with the tint. It's becoming unstable. At first I thought one of the color guns was having issues, but it seems only to be the tint circuit. I was watching a program and after about 30 minutes the flesh tones went very orange. I turned the tint control all the way CCW and they went back to normal. Then about 5 minutes later, the flesh tones went violet. Putting the tint control back CW to where it usually is brought them back to normal. So far in the last half hour, I've done this twice.

So any ideas where to look? Up until tonight there's been no issue with the tint control.

zeno
08-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Call the cleaning lady first.
Dirty IC sockets on one of the color modules.
Dirty APC control.
Dirty norm-align switch on TOP of chassis.
Dirty chromatic switch.
This is assuming no large changes in grey scale.

73 Zeno:smoke:

TinCanAlley
08-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Call the cleaning lady first.
Dirty IC sockets on one of the color modules.
Dirty APC control.
Dirty norm-align switch on TOP of chassis.
Dirty chromatic switch.
This is assuming no large changes in grey scale.

I can check all of those. The APC and align hasn't been touched in over a month. Next time the tint problems occurs, I'll wiggle the switch and tape the APC pot.

The chromatic switch is off as I haven't adjusted it since the cleaning.

I will get out my wrist strap and pull the IC, clean the legs and socket and reinstall.

I'm assuming it's not one of the color guns as the tint control fixes it each time. Usually when it's a gun there's no way to fix it, right?

Thanks!

zeno
08-22-2013, 01:14 PM
If it were the tube ( or related ) the grey scale would change
a lot. When it does it just turn the color
down & be sure it hasnt changed.
BTW G-2 controls used to get bad spots but it would have been noticed.

TinCanAlley
08-22-2013, 03:09 PM
If it were the tube ( or related ) the grey scale would change
a lot. When it does it just turn the color
down & be sure it hasnt changed.
BTW G-2 controls used to get bad spots but it would have been noticed.

I think I'll wait to see if the starts happening again. If it does, I'll turn down color and see (just for verification).