View Full Version : Betamax Pinch Rollers

doogie812
08-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I have found a guy in New York State that is willing to try re-rubbering some pinch rollers. I’m sending him a few as a test. If all goes well I would like to send him some more. Do you have some worn pinch rollers you would like resurfaced? Would you like to donate some from your scrap units so I can get some in the pipe line? Let me know. I will be selling them at a fraction of the NOS.

doogie812
09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Well I got my first batch back from my NY guy. The rubber is good and the finish is good. However; the hysterias is not good. I am continuing to work with him to find a process not only capable of restoring gen 3 pinch rollers but the entire Betamax platform. I need your help. This man has the vulcanizing process. I have the engineering experience. I am currently working to design gigs to turn the rollers into OEM specs. We need some spent pinch rollers to get this business going. Thanks, Doogie

ChrisW6ATV
09-13-2013, 12:00 AM
I will be working on some old Betamax VCRs again soon, but I do not yet know if I will need my pinch rollers replaced or rebuilt. Is your (and your partner's) plan to manufacture replacement rubber pieces for existing complete rollers? I do not know enough about their construction to know what is involved. The machines I work on will be the earliest ones, SL-6200 through SL-8200.