View Full Version : New road find/split

polaraman
10-25-2004, 06:45 PM
I found this Crosley beside the road Saturday. I did not have time to knock on the door when I picked up. On the way back I was able to stop. The folks were home and said that they did not think anybody would have wanted the set. :yikes: Said it had been sitting out at the end of the drive for two months. :no: The cabinet is in real bad shape as you can see. The CRT is busted and I have the knobs. The folks said it was in pretty good shape when it was placed outside. :cry:

I am now back in the mix. Was having problems with the girlfriend. Seems she grew tired of my Tv and car hobby. The choice was made and I am now single. :thmbsp: Good news is that I still have all my sets and cars. :banana: I will have to buy a bunch more before the next woman comes along. They can't say no if you already have them. :D

captainmoody
10-25-2004, 08:54 PM
With the cabinet repaired and refinished that set ought to look pretty cool!
I have never seen that cabinet style before. Good find as well as the Zenith!
I am one of the lucky ones as far as my wife goes, She thinks my hobby is cool and even helps me when I have needed to go on trips to pick up sets.

Eric H
10-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Check this out, not exactly the same I think, but really close.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73374&item=6127030231&rd=1

polaraman
10-25-2004, 10:35 PM
SSHHHHHH! I am looking at that one!

Charlie
10-25-2004, 11:40 PM
With the GF gone, now you'll have more money to spend on TV's :D