View Full Version : Time for new CRT

lnx64
08-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Ok, looks like the rejuv on my Samsung may be starting to go.. On my PlayStation I noticed on bright yellows it's starting to bleed on colors again. Looks like it's starting to go weak again.. Well that lasted a good decent several months, im impressed!

I have a 19" philips magnavox in storage and was wondering if it's CRT will work. I don't know what type of CRT it is, and this isn't my pic, but this looks exactly like it: https://sma-images.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2ab7f800-3553-0130-3523-723c91df0bc5/3Fc3Mc3Ha5R55Jc5M1ccufcdb261f4cca1e5a.jpg

Possibly compatible? I'm assuming the yoke will need to be changed if the impedance is different.

Jon A.
08-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Man, if that would be compatible, I gotta start grabbing me some BPC sets. Not sure of the status of my XL-100's jug.

I never liked the idea of CRT rejuvenation. I figure it's just on borrowed time if it actually takes.

lnx64
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm not even sure the face of the CRT is even the right shape. :P

I just don't see it really working. Lost hope.

Console User
08-05-2013, 10:45 PM
You can sometimes adjust the Picture Control and tweak down the color a little and that will sometimes help to keep it from bleeding out so bad. My RCA Console I have to tweak down the color just a tad and also the picture level tweaked down a tad. The red will bleed out on mine if I don't but it doesn't do it all the time. I am making arrangements in the future to have my RCA Console Rejuvenated if the T. V. Technician thinks it is bad enough to do that.

lnx64
08-05-2013, 10:48 PM
I can't turn down the color, I'd sacrifice contrast first.

I do video editing and do like to use the Samsung as a video monitor sometimes (along with my Sony PVM), and I need it to have the correct color levels, even if it causes a bleed..

Jon A.
08-05-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm not even sure the face of the CRT is even the right shape. :P

I just don't see it really working. Lost hope.
I heard of one TV whose CRT was replaced with one from an entirely different model, and doesn't quite fit the mask. I believe it was an infamous bad-CRT Zenith and the replacement jug a Mitsu. I believe Chad Hauris did it. Only problem now, or at least then, is some retrace lines at the top. There may be more sets this kind of thing was done to, but I'm not aware of them.