View Full Version : take the five minute grand tour of my basement and sets!!

technicolor
08-02-2013, 08:07 PM
My kid finally taught me how to use her ipad.

Here the sets, enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=387Fvx9VWOk&feature=youtu.be

Username1
08-02-2013, 08:25 PM
well....... you ain't gunna run outa tv's anytime soon.....

Those cabinets look mint!

Sandy G
08-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Ah HATE Yew... (grin) Seriously, VERY NICE collection !

sampson159
08-03-2013, 08:11 AM
syvania roundy looks pretty good.mammoth man cave and a great collection of sets.

hi_volt
08-03-2013, 09:05 AM
VERY nice collection. It's nice to see that there are other guys out there that are as crazy as I am. Looks like you might have room for a few more. Too bad about that necked roundie combo. Hopefully you'll find a good donor tube for it. Definitely worth saving.

Thanks for sharing :thmbsp:

wa2ise
08-03-2013, 11:37 AM
All you'd need are a few banners saying "Zenith" and "RCA" and such, and you'd have a vintage TV sales showroom. :D

technicolor
08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
VERY nice collection. It's nice to see that there are other guys out there that are as crazy as I am. Looks like you might have room for a few more. Too bad about that necked roundie combo. Hopefully you'll find a good donor tube for it. Definitely worth saving.

Thanks for sharing :thmbsp:

Got one in a trade maybe a few months ago, just getting around to pulling the chassis now

zenith2134
08-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi, technicolor. Great collection..they are all in such nice condition.

Jon A.
08-03-2013, 05:55 PM
The combo king's console cave, very nice. :thmbsp: Very tidy-looking too. I do have one question though, what's the BPC monitor doing there?
All you'd need are a few banners saying "Zenith" and "RCA" and such, and you'd have a vintage TV sales showroom. :D
And one of those cool fiber-optic Zenith Chromacolor signs.

ggregg
08-03-2013, 07:55 PM
looks like Pearl Harbor.............:D

dieseljeep
08-04-2013, 11:43 AM
looks like Pearl Harbor.............:D

That place has a resemblance of order!
My place is like a war zone. I'll get it organized someday. :sigh:

technicolor
08-04-2013, 03:14 PM
That place has a resemblance of order!
My place is like a war zone. I'll get it organized someday. :sigh:

It was like that until a week ago, i had many sorry project sets all taken apart and had a huge mess. It got to the point of looking at that side of the room made me sick. I cleaned up and remembered some good advice i got from kamikari: only take apart one set at a time or u will go crazy.

technicolor
08-04-2013, 03:33 PM
The combo king's console cave, very nice. :thmbsp: Very tidy-looking too. I do have one question though, what's the BPC monitor doing there?

And one of those cool fiber-optic Zenith Chromacolor signs.

Broken computer monitor that needs to be thrown out.

Jon A.
08-04-2013, 04:26 PM
It was like that until a week ago, i had many sorry project sets all taken apart and had a huge mess. It got to the point of looking at that side of the room made me sick. I cleaned up and remembered some good advice i got from kamikari: only take apart one set at a time or u will go crazy.
Good call. Gotta remember that one for when I'm able to start working on mine.

DavGoodlin
08-07-2013, 12:48 PM
This just in...no combos are left in the tri-state area.

Nice collection TC, you seem to have a definite theme, a heavy one.

The climate controlled "showroom" helps alot also.

I like the fact you are using Westinghouse tubes, you can be sure....

technicolor
08-07-2013, 03:15 PM
This just in...no combos are left in the tri-state area.

Nice collection TC, you seem to have a definite theme, a heavy one.

The climate controlled "showroom" helps alot also.

I like the fact you are using Westinghouse tubes, you can be sure....

Tubes to me are like baloney, whatever's on sale.

Jon A.
08-08-2013, 10:16 AM
^ Haha, love it. :D

By the way, what's the first set in the video? I know that I have seen a similar set pictured here before, but can't recall what it was.

technicolor
08-08-2013, 01:44 PM
^ Haha, love it. :D

By the way, what's the first set in the video? I know that I have seen a similar set pictured here before, but can't recall what it was.

rca accucolor, i'm guessing maybe 72-73

Jon A.
08-08-2013, 04:17 PM
They must have came just before the XL-100 series. I had heard of the AccuColor feature, but never noticed a TV named as such. Hybrid set I'm guessing.

sampson159
08-09-2013, 08:05 AM
accucolor was an early solid state set.it had a flat chassis with a solid rectifier tube.decent but nowhere near as good as the xl100.