View Full Version : Sony Wega issue

willy3486
07-25-2013, 08:41 PM
A friend had asked me to look at his TV. He has a Sony KF-50WE610 Wega TV. Its a big TV, It is 50 inches and it is a projection TV I think. The issue he has is this. It was given to him by a fellow who had laid it down on the back for a couple of days in the back of a van. It works and has a good picture other than the color. The color of the set is off and looks to have too much green. There is also a area in the center of the TV in a round circle that looks to be about 3/4 of the size of the picture that is even a darker green. At first I thought it could be something that degausing it would help but it didn't. Does any one know of how to get the colors back to normal and have less green? Its been about 15 years since I have worked on a color one so I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

CoogarXR
07-25-2013, 11:21 PM
That model is an LCD projection. It probably has the 3 tiny LCD screens (red, blue, green) inside the light engine. Sony LCD projection TVs have a bad reputation for the individual LCDs failing, but it is usually the blue one, not the green. I have never worked on that model, but when I get a "blue blob" Sony in, I just tell them it's not worth messing with.

rcaman
07-26-2013, 01:35 AM
time for the scrap yard. have seen plenty of those.