View Full Version : Cleaning Pots

TinCanAlley
07-05-2013, 05:13 PM
So I'm sure you've seen my other thread about my new Avanti. Well I'm getting into some misc stuff and thought a new thread might be better than cluttering up the main one. If this isn't a better approach, let me know and I'll keep it all in one.

I removed the color, tint and volume pots (all one assembly) and am going to deoxit and faderlube them. I have a question, though. The color and tint are actually two pots and the shafts have a hole that a small driver goes into and adjusts the second pot. What is the second pot for? If I clean them I need to turn them back and forth a number of times to clean and do the same when I use the faderlube. Should I note the position of the second pot and put it back in that position. Even if I do, the cleaning might change the resistance once the dirt is gone. If that happens, how do I go about setting those two?

I'm attaching a pic.

Thanks!

TinCanAlley
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
I think I might have my own answer, but need to verify. I think the second pot is used for the preset colors for the Chromatic function? If so, then there probably isn't any reason to worry about the settings as I'll used a calibration DVD to set all the levels and such.

zeno
07-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I think I might have my own answer, but need to verify. I think the second pot is used for the preset colors for the Chromatic function? If so, then there probably isn't any reason to worry about the settings as I'll used a calibration DVD to set all the levels and such.

Yes the second screwdriver pot is for "chromatic on" settings.
Brite, contrast, color & tint all have em..........

73 Zeno:smoke: