View Full Version : Rejuv'ed picture tube still going strong

lnx64
07-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Since I rejuved my samsungs picture tube, I am surprised, this bad boy is STILL going strong, and showing off the best colors I have ever seen.. Look at this, zero RF static, and a remarkable color gamut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/bbclogo_zps76bb9766.jpg~original

radiotvnut
07-05-2013, 01:28 AM
I've rejuvenated CRT's that held up for years and others didn't last a week. It all depends on the overall condition of the cathode and how decent the tester is. With my B&K 470 tester, I can generally judge rather or not the procedure will hold up based on the meter pointer action. When rejuvenating a tube, one is to hold down the button, at which time the pointer will rise up the scale. When the pointer drops back down, release the button. When the pointer swings up and stays up a long time before dropping, the process will probably last awhile. If the pointer moves up and quickly falls back down, moves up very little, or does not move up at all; then, the process either did no good or will not last long.

lnx64
07-05-2013, 08:58 AM
When I rejuvenated my picture tube, I didn't hold down the button until the needles dropped. I didn't know I was supposed to do that. Will it be fine? Because it's working so good, I'm scared to even do it again. I just want to leave it alone I think at this point because it's working so good.

Electronic M
07-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Is your tester also a 470? Rejuv procedures varied with the tester make and model so it is always best to go on the instruction book for your model.

radiotvnut
07-05-2013, 05:21 PM
If it's working, leave it alone.