View Full Version : Thank you Charlie!

Eric H
06-30-2013, 04:14 AM
The Motorola looks much better now!

The screen buffed out very nicely and only a couple of those small cracks show (just barely) beyond the edge of the mask.

Compare it to the old mask that was cracked nearly in two. :thmbsp:

(Yes, it's actually installed in the set in this picture)

Jon A.
06-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Another vintage set looking great again thanks to members' collaborative efforts. Very nicely done. :thmbsp:

Boobtubeman
06-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Was this part from the pile of RATVISIONS? If so were you able to get the rat flavor out of it?

SR

Jon A.
06-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Eww, I didn't make the connection. I had forgotten all about the Ratvision-branded Maggotboxes. I'm glad I was nowhere near that mess. My OCD meds only do so much. I would have a meltdown in such a situation.

marty59
06-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Eww, I didn't make the connection. I'm glad I was nowhere near that mess. My OCD meds only do so much. I would have a meltdown in such a situation.

Boobtubeman was referencing and earlier thread:
http://videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=258457

Jon A.
06-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah I know, I had forgotten about it until I saw his post. You caught my post before I cleared it up and inserted the Magnavox crack I see.

Boobtubeman
07-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah just wondering if the plastic gave up the odor or not.... :yuck:

SR

Eric H
07-01-2013, 11:46 PM
No smells, the screen was clean.

Charlie
07-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow, Eric! That looks awesome!! Is there that much difference in the tint of the two screens? That's a really cool looking little Moto. Does it play as nice as it looks? I'm glad it worked out!

Eric H
07-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Wow, Eric! That looks awesome!! Is there that much difference in the tint of the two screens? That's a really cool looking little Moto. Does it play as nice as it looks? I'm glad it worked out!

I'm not sure if there's much difference in the tint or if it just looks less tinted because of the flash, the old one is also pretty dirty.

This is a nice little set, it needs a recap but it gets a raster as-is, i can't remember if it actually gets a coherent picture or not.

It was an eBay purchase and it arrived with a busted screen despite a fairly decent packing job, the safety screen is (as you know) fairly thin on this one so it probably just took a little pressure to snap it.

I never filed a damage claim for it because I didn't want to send it back and it's not like I could just order up a new screen at will, I figured one would turn up eventually though. :yes:

Edit: found the picture, it has a raster but looks like it has horizontal issues, good CRT though..