View Full Version : Input selector - good idea or no?

Harvestman
06-24-2013, 12:34 PM
I've finished setting up a feed from my 3 VCRs into an input selector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkS6XwKIuEE&feature=youtu.be

I've noticed that there's a slight degradation in picture quality, but apart from that (and a somewhat rudimentary cable-laying job :D ), are there any problems with this setup?

jmetal88
06-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Well, the slight degradation in picture quality was going to be the only thing I was going to mention, but since you already got to that, I can't really think of any other downsides.

Electronic M
06-25-2013, 09:17 PM
I use old 'home theater' amps as AV switchers in my setup because I can control them via remote. I have a bunch of different VCRs, DVD recorders, DVRs, and obsolete playback devices all strung together this way so I can dub to and from any of them.

I've got one of those JVC S-VHS-ET decks too.

I feel kind of sorry for your equipment being defaced by markers and stickers like that...

Harvestman
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
I feel kind of sorry for your equipment being defaced by markers and stickers like that...

Don't worry about it. Nothing is 100% working or in great shape. But it does what it needs to.

The Sanyo came from Goodwill, the JVC was a castoff, and the Magnavox was a thrift store find. None of the players are that good and will likely not be fixed once they break. Thus, I'm doing what I please with them.