View Full Version : Crosley 9-409M-3 cl find!

StellarTV
06-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Caught up with this Crosley located down in Stockton. For it's completeness and condition of the cabinet I bought it "sight unseen." The sellers said they bought it at a yard sale from the original owner. All the innards are there. I haven't pulled the chassis yet but it looks like a Dumont RA-103 or similar. There is an auxiliary radio tuner daughter chassis installed to the left of the TV which balances out the knob layout on the front which I think looks pretty sharp. The original 12QP4 was replaced with a 12KP4, and it checks brand new; it has a great life test.

The only real problem with it was the record player has a broken tonearm. Big deal, right? This is going to be a fun resto!!

Electronic M
06-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I passed on one I found on a trip once because I could not fit it in the already packed car.

compucat
06-15-2013, 10:34 AM
That is a stunningly beautiful set. I really like those compact radio/tv/phono combos. You could easily fit that in a corner of a room and with the doors closed it is just a piece of furniture when you are not using it. Once restored you should hook a Roku box to it and watch vintage shows.

Sandy G
06-15-2013, 02:15 PM
You Dawg...Ah HATE Yew...(grin) Seriously, GREAT score ! Ya done good !