View Full Version : VK Pony Express ---> ETF

David Roper
05-14-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm asking for the kind assistance of somebody traveling to the Early Television Convention from the New York City area and also somebody from the Chicago area. I have two sets awaiting pickup, one in Flushing, NY and another in Elburn, IL. If either is a point on your route (or not far out of the way) I'd appreciate your giving them a lift to the museum. I'll gladly compensate you for your trouble.

The set in Elburn is small and light, a VT71 specifically. The set in Flushing is larger: a 17" table model sans back, so requires a bit more care.

I posted about this earlier in another thread, but the convention is now just a few days away. Please let me know if you can help.

Electronic M
05-15-2013, 10:00 PM
If anyone on the east coast could bring the set in this thread to the meet I'd be really grateful. http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=258143

David Roper
05-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Any chance you could pick up the VT71 on your way down? It's actually in St Charles.

Electronic M
05-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I can ask the folks again (it's their car and money getting me to the meet so they have supreme veto power on all side trips and requests I present), but I doubt they will be any less firm in their previous answer of NO.

Electronic M
05-16-2013, 08:57 PM
I tried again and the answer is still no. Seems that it is too far outside their intended route for them to allow picking it up. Sorry.

David Roper
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
I appreciate the fact that you tried, really. Thanks anyway.