View Full Version : 21CT55 Screen-Shot Test

Pages : [1] 2

Tomcomm
04-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Attempting to post full monitor screen size on VK Forum postings.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/221-2123_IMG.jpg[/URL]

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/Lama1.jpg[/URL]

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/4%20%20new%20scrn%20shts/P3060310_zps7e748ef5.jpg[/URL]

[http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/CopyofFlicker2010.jpg[/URL]

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/4%20%20new%20scrn%20shts/P3060243_zpse3715511.jpg[/URL]

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/4%20%20new%20scrn%20shts_2/P3060298_zpsda96737b.jpg[/UR]

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/3-6-2012%20Great%20dots/P3060215_2__zps7f8a985b.jpg[/URL]

zenithfan1
04-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey Tom, that CT-55 has one hell of a picture on it.:thmbsp:

kvflyer
04-26-2013, 02:46 PM
You know, I thought that as color television matured, the colors etc. would have improved exponentially. Obviously, I was wrong. I remember early color but didn't know about the differences.

What CRT has the "correct" colors, red especially and when did it change please? For instance, was the 15GP22 the only one with correct colors, or does a 21CPY22 have the same colors. I realize I skipped ahead by several steps.

Just wondering...

Thanks!

Sandy G
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
"Glorious Lollipop Color"....(grin)

Username1
04-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Nice job, very good picture.... good convergence!

me likey.....

sampson159
04-26-2013, 08:48 PM
can you believe the saturation and the fleshtones?awesome pics.this is the pinnacle of real color tv.loving this!

Sandy G
04-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Amazing picture, & it was done w/o all those hokey "Color Correction" circuits they had later..They HAD virtual HDTV in '54, they just didn't realize it..

ChrisW6ATV
04-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Very nice screen shots!

The color "correction" circuits were really color "poor adjustment compensation" circuits. Ruin a good thing for the sake of making it "good enough for average, sloppy users". Way too much of the world is made that way, it seems.

Mal Fuller
04-27-2013, 05:48 AM
What's wrong with this picture?
I remember that the CTC2B chassis sat flat in its cabinet and that the CTC4 chassis was the first to be mounted vertically as shown.

lnx64
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Wow that third screenshot, looks so sharp and defined! I thought this was S-Video modified for a second.

Pete Deksnis
04-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Loved the llama shot.

Pete

stromberg6
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Beautiful pics as usual, Tom. Thanks for sharing!:yes:
Kevin

old_tv_nut
04-27-2013, 08:08 PM
You know, I thought that as color television matured, the colors etc. would have improved exponentially. Obviously, I was wrong. I remember early color but didn't know about the differences.

What CRT has the "correct" colors, red especially and when did it change please? For instance, was the 15GP22 the only one with correct colors, or does a 21CPY22 have the same colors. I realize I skipped ahead by several steps.

Just wondering...

Thanks!

See post #12 in this thread:
http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=249488&highlight=color+phosphor

The only correct NTSC tubes were the 15GP22 and the early 21AXP22's.

The main difference that affected both greens and reds was the change from P1 green to sulfide green . The sulfide red was somewhat more orangy than other reds, but the rare-earth reds usually are quite close to NTSC red.

NTSC red, by the way, is a bit orange - it can reproduce car tail lights but not traffic signal red.

Also, when the NTSC blue, which is somewhat towards cyan, was replaced by more-violet sulfide blue, this affected flesh tones by moving yellows towards green.

This has been a mishmosh in NTSC for all tubes after the 15GP22 and 21AXP22, and only PAL and now HDTV have got it right by changing the cameras to match the modern phosphors. You can see "chery red" as distinct from other reds with the modern phosphors if the camera is designed for them. Otherwise, the approximate corrections built into NTSC sets result in overdriving the bright reds, making them all overly bright and the same color as the red phosphor.

Having a 15GP22 no longer guarantees you correct color on NTSC sources, since at the same time receiver manufacturers were putting in compensation, camera manufacturers were fudging to get acceptable pictures on monitors with the new phosphors and monitor manufacturers were including switchable matrices that could either demodulate straight (but with the modern phosphors) or with an electrical correction similar to home receivers.

This was like the factory time keeper blowing the whistle based on the train departure while the train conductor set his watch by the factory whistle.

The original TK-41 cameras had no matrixing to tweak, but relied on careful selection of trimming filters in each color channel to get the best response for NTSC phosphors. This was a major reason why their optics were so inefficient. Later versions had more efficient wider-passband prism optics, but still no matrixing, and the prism passbands were still optimized for NTSC phosphors. So at this time (early 60s) the futzing was all in the receivers. As soon as Plumbicon cameras appeared, they had to have matrixing because the deep red response was so poor; and the good signal-to-noise ratio of Plumbicons made matrixing possible without excessive noise. The receiver manufacturers had been playing with the color for some years, but now the camera designers were too. This is the point at which PAL standards were developed, so they had the option to make the receivers demodulate without special compensation and do the proper compensation for the new phosphors in the cameras.
NTSC countries were not so blessed, because they already had a population of receivers with various approximate compensation for the new phosphors.

benman94
04-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Would the 19VP22 be NTSC correct also? It was my understanding that they were, but I could be mistaken. That set is looking amazing Tom!
-Benny

kvflyer
04-28-2013, 09:26 AM
See post #12 in this thread:
http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=249488&highlight=color+phosphor

The only correct NTSC tubes were the 15GP22 and the early 21AXP22's.

The main difference that affected both greens and reds was the change from P1 green to sulfide green . ...

Thank you very, very much for answering that question in great detail. I have a CTC-9 in queue for restoration. But it, as you must know, does not have the 21AXP22 in it, rather the 21CYP22. And, I hold no hope to ever have access to a 15GP22!

In reading this thread and the thread that was linked, it sure does bring back memories. I remember when color TV was a new thing. I just didn't remember the change in color. But I sure do know what you are talking about. I had a Heathkit GR-2000 (I think that is the number) that had a Zenith CRT in it. I always felt that the colors favored earthtones. I thought that it was similar to the 70s obsession with browns and oranges. No bright blues, greens or reds.

I also remember working for EJ Korvette. I worked in the Audio Dept. which was right next to what they called "Major Appliances". In that dept., they had a room with doors that had all of the color sets in it. It was a very dim room. Hmmm, there's a surprise! I just hope to one day have a set with the early phosphors in it.

Again, thanks for explaining and taking the time to search and post.

old_tv_nut
04-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Would the 19VP22 be NTSC correct also? It was my understanding that they were, but I could be mistaken. ...
-Benny

Unknown to me. However, a working one could be measured.

--

Here's a laugh: the original patent on the sulfide phosphors touts not only their brightness, but claims that the restricted color gamut is an advantage because the tube cannot make extremely wrong colors! In other words, if you don't correct the reduced saturation (which everyone WOULD do by turning up the color), you can't see variations in transmission so clearly.

Also, there is a story behind the NTSC blue vs. the modern blue. RCA experiments with the triniscope used very pure primary colors, including a blue nearer to present sulfide blue. But sulfide blue is very sensitive to copper impurities, which turn it green. Therefore, RCA chose a different blue phosphor that was slightly toward cyan, but doesn't change due to presence of copper during the processing of the CRT. There is a futher confusion, in that it is not clear that RCA intended the cyanish blue to go into the NTSC specs - the color coordinates that ended up in the FCC rules look suspiciously like a typo.

Tomcomm
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your responses. In reviewing this thread I noticed the third screen shot of my Beth, Andy and Baby Jack was not interlaced. So I replaced it with a shot having proper interlace. This correction emphasizes my contention all posted Roundy screen shots should be taken in total darkness, sized full edge to edge and presented on the viewing monitor full size edge to edge. Conveying cabinet detail is a separate issue and should be taken full room lighting. Since I have no cabinet I have no problem with this. I also added two more good shots plus a saturated color bar shot. Check it out. The bar colors appear quite accurate on my 19 inch Acer LCD monitor. The red bar’s hue is virtually indistinguishable from my clock’s red led numerical dial color hue. The CRT is a 21FBP22A rare-earth with a white-paper gray face plate. I always considered this CRT’s red to be more “pure” compared to my Sony Pro monitor which specs SMPTE-C color phosphor. The Sony’s red bar is more “orangish” like all my other CRT TVs.

lnx64
04-29-2013, 01:55 PM
While my Samsung isn't a roundie, I have found it's reds to be seriously awesome. It's greens seem a little "wrong" in my opinion though. Blue looks ok but doesn't look at all like your blues.

This is the color test my TV performed with a colorimeter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/ScreenShot2012-09-08at70222PM.png:original

zenithfan1
04-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Hontou ni? Ore wa Samusung no taikutsu:D

lnx64
04-29-2013, 02:11 PM
I have no idea what language that is.

ChrisW6ATV
04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
What's wrong with this picture?
I remember that the CTC2B chassis sat flat in its cabinet and that the CTC4 chassis was the first to be mounted vertically as shown.
Tom explained at one time, that he modified his CTC-2B by repositioning the chassis vertically (and discarding the cabinet if he ever had it) in the 1960s when he first got that set.

Zenith26kc20
04-30-2013, 01:24 PM
If I remember right doesn't this set have video inputs installed?
I remember a thread about it a while ago. If so, can I get a link to the thread?

lnx64
04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
It must be modified for standard composite video input, I see no RF distortion AT ALL.

If it is RF, I am highly surprised.

Tomcomm
04-30-2013, 02:48 PM
I bought this TV in 1964 for $50 not working. Once I got it operational I decided to keep it in the garage TV shop area. I modified the consul cabinet into a table model by rotating the chassis from horizontal to vertical to take up less room in the cramped garage, also make chassis modification and repair much easier. Yes, in 2007 it became direct composite video input only. Reactivating the RF/IF portions seemed unnecessary since I had good DVD players and the 21CT55 was never intended as a restoration item.

Tomcomm
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Got back to the 21CT55 after 16 weeks “sanitizing” my “bought new” 1980 BMW 320i sports coupe. The CRT set came right up with nominal voltages, same as last operating. At 115vac in, B+ is 420v, Boost is 750v, FBI is 190ma, Ultor is 28kv and Focus is 5.1kv.

Took a few screen shots with my Olympus SP550UZ on full auto from 64in distance at 120 iso, 1/6 sec, 3.9 F.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010358_zps7719cd16.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010349_zps0791802a.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010348_zps492e2827.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010346_zps43dedfd4.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010344_zps80d0c085.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010355_zpsaec6d637.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010359_zps0f1cc6a5.jpg

Username1
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
That is a really good picture, and very good convergence..... Nice job....
And really good pictures....

Username1
09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Inx64;

Your color "gamut ICE " graph is wrong, in the green by a lot..... Someone here did those measurements and posted them on one of those 15gp's and another tube, and while people maintain the 15g's had better "full"gamut, the graph they posted showed a smaller triangle, than the other tube. I would sure be interested in seeing the response of your tube again, once you figure out what is going on with the green.... Also, try it and be sure that when the screens are turned down, the tube goes into cutoff. I have no idea how the test is run, but I find this testing interesting...

wa2ise
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I have no idea what language that is.

Neither did Google translate.

Only thing I can say for sure that it's not English. As I'm a single language white trash American. :D

This gamut shows colors better:
http://videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=166613&d=1269294026

old_tv_nut
09-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Got back to the 21CT55 after 16 weeks “sanitizing” my “bought new” 1980 BMW 320i sports coupe. The CRT set came right up with nominal voltages, same as last operating. At 115vac in, B+ is 420v, Boost is 750v, FBI is 190ma, Ultor is 28kv and Focus is 5.1kv.

Took a few screen shots with my Olympus SP550UZ on full auto from 64in distance at 120 iso, 1/6 sec, 3.9 F.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010344_zps80d0c085.jpg

Is that line pairing on the test pattern, or just a fast shutter catching one field?

old_tv_nut
09-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Inx64;

Your color "gamut ICE " graph is wrong, in the green by a lot..... Someone here did those measurements and posted them on one of those 15gp's and another tube, and while people maintain the 15g's had better "full"gamut, the graph they posted showed a smaller triangle, than the other tube. I would sure be interested in seeing the response of your tube again, once you figure out what is going on with the green.... Also, try it and be sure that when the screens are turned down, the tube goes into cutoff. I have no idea how the test is run, but I find this testing interesting...

??
Not sure I follow what you said.

Inx64 did not explain his colorimeter software, but I believe what the CIE gamut display is showing is:
The light colored triangle and square boxes are the aim points for REC709 (HDTV) or sRGB monitors. The circles are the measured points for his set.

edit: bottom line, his green is not wrong, but is fairly typical for all tubes with sulfide green, which is all tubes after the 15GP22 and 21AXP22 (don't recall what green was in the 21CYP22 at the moment).

You can see that the triangle made by the RGB points for his set is slightly smaller than the REC709 spec because the green is slightly yellower.

The magenta is far off from the aim point towards red, and this has to be because of the demodulator gains and angles in his set, since moving the green primary towards yellow causes the magenta to move towards blue in order to keep the white point within spec (which it is). This error in magenta is not necessarily a bad thing, since it helps to prevent purple faces when there is an error in burst phase, and there are few recognizable magenta/purple objects (except maybe Barney the dinosaur). 2nd edit: it also compensates for the movement towards blue of magenta caused by the yellowish sulfide green, making the magenta a closer approximation to NTSC magenta.

A 15GP22 or 21AXP22 CRT has a green that is much less yellow, so the triangle is larger on the cyan side; but the blue in those CRTs is less violet and more cyan, so the triangle is smaller in the blue/purple area.

colorfixer
09-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Hontou ni? Ore wa Samusung no taikutsu:D

nihongo ga sukoshi dake dekimasu...

:lmao:

BigDavesTV
09-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Absolutely beautiful screen shots! Such wonderful color rendition, and sharpness! Nah, I'd rather watch a flat screen :-) Haha.....

Sandy G
09-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Just kinda says quietly & eloquently that we HAVEN'T really made all THAT much progress in nearly 60 years-Tweaking things a little one way or another, yeah, better reliability-Maybe- but better rendition of color ? Not so much...Leastways, that's the way I see it...

Tomcomm
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Wayne...........Screen-shot # 5 displays only one field not a full frame time. In checking the parameters of that jpg shot I noted it's shutter opening time was 1/13 second or quite sufficient for a complete 1/30 second interlaced frame. It is apparent that line-pairing occurred during screen-shot #5 as you observed. Since all the other shots taken within a few minutes had good interlacing, an anomaly had occurred. Early-on I observed that vertical interlace quality is greatly influenced by the front panel vertical hold manual setting, even when the hold is well removed from causing vertical roll. I considered this imperfection to be of secondary importance and accommodated it by manually tweaking the vertical hold to achieve interlace immediately before any quality screen shot. Apparently, I neglected to tweak the vertical hold before shooting #5. I intend to get into the vertical deinterleaver some day to find out why the waveform differential circuitry is not operating correctly…..Tom

Penthode
10-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Interesting about the interlacing. The earlier black and white sets especially from the more expensive RCAs (630TS through 9TC270) had more complicated sync amplification and two sync clippers. Along with the good, more comprehensive vertical sync integration and the standard blocking oscillator, the interlace is generally excellent over a wider range of the vertical hold control. The cleaness of the vertical sync applied to the vertical oscilator is demonstrated when you intentionally roll the picture with the vertcal hold ids a "smooth" roll rather than a "jerky" roll which implies fully stripped sync free from any remaining video.

The mid 50's RCA sets had considerably cheapened sync circuits and disposal of the blocking oscillator transformer with feedback from the output stage expands the problem of oscilator drift from one to two stages. (I however thought the 'CT55 was the last color set to maintain the transformer). Maintaining good interlace would be affected.

It suggests to me that the designers in the mid '50's were on a tight budget to remain competitive. I'd be curious of others thoughts and if others have had the same problem with mid 50's RCA vertcal circuits. (I am currently tracing a vertical sync drift in my CTC5 as the set warms up over 1/2 hour).

old_tv_nut
10-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Wayne...........Screen-shot # 5 displays only one field not a full frame time. In checking the parameters of that jpg shot I noted it's shutter opening time was 1/13 second or quite sufficient for a complete 1/30 second interlaced frame. It is apparent that line-pairing occurred during screen-shot #5 as you observed. Since all the other shots taken within a few minutes had good interlacing, an anomaly had occurred. Early-on I observed that vertical interlace quality is greatly influenced by the front panel vertical hold manual setting, even when the hold is well removed from causing vertical roll. I considered this imperfection to be of secondary importance and accommodated it by manually tweaking the vertical hold to achieve interlace immediately before any quality screen shot. Apparently, I neglected to tweak the vertical hold before shooting #5. I intend to get into the vertical deinterleaver some day to find out why the waveform differential circuitry is not operating correctly…..Tom

Line pairing generally comes from horizontal energy getting into the vertical sync - but it doesn't have to be a sync signal separation circuit problem necessarily. It can also occur due to ground currents from the H sweep getting into the vertical, and this can be very difficult to find and fix, as it depends on the physical arrangement of ground points of the various circuits of the chassis. If the sync circuit itself is clean, then experimenting with extra ground leads and lead dress, or actually moving existing ground points may show some effect.

DaveWM
10-07-2013, 08:50 AM
I have had my bouts with interlace issues on RCA sets (some same models some fine some more critical on vert hold setting), I have read that the .001 cap often found from the primary lead of the vert out trans to ground (.001) is there to ground horz noise that works its way back from the yoke thru the transformer.

I know I had a BW maggie that had a real bad interlace issue, the sync pulse looked fine, the vert hold could not be set to get rid of it (like most sets). in desperation I switched the yoke, voila interlace issue gone. I cant recall the details that lead me to suspect the yoke (I was scoping stuff and some how noticed hash that seemed to be coming from the vert out trans).

Tomcomm
12-03-2013, 07:01 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Copyof4257916266_d77f5c460c_z_zps4c78518f.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/PA0303784_zpsa82bcb96.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P10103542_zpseb242eb2.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P10103502_zpsc8b86c8a.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P10103532_zps54286ef5.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P10103551_zps0a3ed219.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P10103491_zpsf15525ff.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/PA0303771_zpsff15ed5b.jpg

Chip Chester
12-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Ferris Bueller, you're my hero.

Cameron

Username1
12-04-2013, 09:19 AM
disgustingly good picture..... !

Tomcomm
12-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Enough Ferris Bueller and DVE for a while. Something more seasonal for the 21CT55 to display.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20HOLD%20FOLDER/PA030383_1__zps51058c02.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20HOLD%20FOLDER/PA030388_zps8611ce64.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20HOLD%20FOLDER/PA030386_zps47174e91.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20HOLD%20FOLDER/PA030384_1__zps5ee2488d.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20HOLD%20FOLDER/PC240478_1__zpsa6895d88.jpg

Pete Deksnis
12-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Great screenshots. The cat jumps right out at you...

Pete

old_tv_nut
12-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Wondering why Santa's sweater looks neutral white in the first shot and bluish in the 4th shot. An effect of your camera, or visible to the eye in person also?

RobtWB
12-26-2013, 09:49 AM
nice

to my eyes the flesh tones are amazing

Tomcomm
12-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I re displayed the two Santa s on the 21CT55 and the 27in Sony. The sweaters were identical white with black patterns. there was no bluishtint on either. So there must be some anomaly in the camera ?? I've included the Santa redo and the original video capture jpg that drove the two TVs .

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20SELECT%20FOLDER/PC260483_zps8d25750d.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20SELECT%20FOLDER/PC260484_zpsd699cf60.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20SELECT%20FOLDER/THE_SANTA_CLAUSE_2-6_zps8ffb662b.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20SELECT%20FOLDER/THE_SANTA_CLAUSE_2-5_zpsf9e65581.jpg

old_tv_nut
12-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Is your camera set for auto white balance? Fixed setting for "shade" might work better.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Phototone
12-26-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm old enough to remember seeing Color TV in the late 1950's in my town. However, there was so little programming, and especially during daytime hours when the department stores were open, that it was hard to see a color show on a color set. No local color from our 2 local stations, but the NBC affiliate could pass thru network color. I do remember one Christmas season seeing a 21" roundie in a store window at night showing a Perry Como Christmas show. It was very nice as we drove by. I also remember one time staying at a motel in Tulsa, there was a big roundie color TV in the lobby, and I sat and waited for "some" color..but alas all I was able to see was the station call sign with the number in color. I was a child very eager to experience color TV, but found it very very hard to see any. My families first color TV was the Motorola 23" rectangular model..the first rectangular model from a US manufacturer, AFAIK. Its kind of ironic that I'm seeing vastly more color images from 1950's TV's than I could ever dream of seeing in the 1950's.

As far as comparing different brands and models, well just forget it. If a store had a color set, they had ONE on display. No multiple models to choose from. But I am from a fairly small town. Probably under 60,000 people in the 1950's.

Tomcomm
12-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Suspecting a camera problem, I re-did the display of the Santas on both 21CT55 and 27in Sony.
Judy and I agreed both TVs produced identical coloration of the two Santa's sweaters. I screen-shot both TVs and downloaded the camera.
I was astonished to observe the "fuller Santa" was black/white on both TVs while the "lesser Santa" was black/white on the Sony but blue/white and his hair was bluish on the 21CT55! Why this should be is not understood by me.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/UPLINK%20FOLDER_4/PC260489_zpsc46a5d25.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/UPLINK%20FOLDER_5/PC260490_zps2418474d.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/UPLINK%20FOLDER_6/PC260491_zps4115c553.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/UPLINK%20FOLDER_7/PC260492_zps02ec7b59.jpg

Tomcomm
04-23-2014, 05:29 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Olympus%20downloads/P4190498_zps99a29681.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Olympus%20downloads/P4190493_zps9c1876af.jpg

leadlike
04-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Skinny Santa has some blue highlights in his hair, too. He looks a little punk rock! I think it may be your camera's white balance, though.

bozey45
05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Yes, it was the GR-2000, the 25 inch set. I still have it in the early American style large cabinet, built it in 1976.

Tomcomm
11-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Still no resolution of the “Santa Blue Sweater” issue. Since this thread is a documentation of 21CT55 video monitor screen shot picture quality, I am including my Flicker photo site’s new Photo Stream format I recently discovered. Again, the stitched photos show the 21CT55 shots on top with the Sony comb filtered shots below. Flicker Photo Screen presentation size is much bigger then the early grouping previously presented. Relative picture detail of the RCA vs Sony is readily discernible.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/with/4275574892/

old_tv_nut
11-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Several of the stitched shots (but not all) are bluer on the top.
Do I understand correctly that all these appeared to match to the eye?

Is your camera white balance set to a fixed setting (daylight), or is it set to automatic? You cannot get consistent results on automatic white balance, as the camera is trying to guess the lighting conditions, and slight variations in the content can cause it to move one way or another.

Tomcomm
12-02-2014, 07:52 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/GSS11_zps50463bce.jpg

old_tv_nut
12-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Wow, looks like a terrible level of block/line artifacts on my screen. Maybe this is from converting the original to a smaller resolution?

Tomcomm
12-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Wayne....Does the guy look better in this screen shot? The Photo Bucket seems to over-drive on high detail photos. The new guy has less intense detail.

The cat is in a silver steel drum but displays in deep blue. So I'm going to work on the cat screen shot and find out the problem. Surely this anomaly would have been obvious to the human eye viewing the 21CT55 crt......Tom

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Copyof4257916266_d77f5c460c_z_zpsb9ff5284.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/PC2404781_zps8a5b2094.jpg

old_tv_nut
12-03-2014, 05:20 PM
It's better, but not completely clean. Not a good endorsement for Photobucket!

dtvmcdonald
12-03-2014, 06:02 PM
You need to do what I did:

Get some nice JPEG files from wherever.

Get a DVD or Bluray player that will play them. Get a GOOD Blonder-Tongue
modulator, either an agile one or a BAVM-SAM one. A plain BAVM will do,
but the SAM does better at +Q to -Q transitions.

Play one to your test set.

Take a picture with your camera, very preferably to RAW.

Use your raw processor, whether from the manufacturer or
Photoshop or whatever. I use Photoshop. Put the computer monitor on the
to of the TV. Have the jpeg playing. Simply match the
developed picture on the monitor to the image on the screen.
Save the image as jpeg.

Voila! Upload the original and TV image to here. The reader
can compare them on his monitor, and will see the EXACT same
difference you did.

old_tv_nut
12-03-2014, 06:40 PM
DTVmcdonald, you would have Tomcomm match two pictures and then expect them to show a difference? I don't understand.

I thought the problem, which is already being illustrated, is that the TV pictures do not look blue to the eye but sometimes come out blue with the camera.

Electronic M
12-03-2014, 08:08 PM
I think what he means is that he adjusts the primary levels in the file that contains the TV screen shot so that it looks the same color wise on his computer monitor as the TV screen image appears to the eye in person.

DTVmcdonald: In your previous post about Blonder Tongue modulators you talk about "SAM" type modulators having better Q polarity transitions. I've never heard of a BT "SAM" model are you perhaps confusing "SAM" for SAW models?

dtvmcdonald
12-03-2014, 09:57 PM
I think what he means is that he adjusts the primary levels in the file that contains the TV screen shot so that it looks the same color wise on his computer monitor as the TV screen image appears to the eye in person.

DTVmcdonald: In your previous post about Blonder Tongue modulators you talk about "SAM" type modulators having better Q polarity transitions. I've never heard of a BT "SAM" model are you perhaps confusing "SAM" for SAW models?

First paragraph: yes, adjust colors to match, but also adjust gamma and contrast. This is very easy in Photoshop or the program that comes with my Canon cameras.

Second: yes, its SAW

dtvmcdonald
12-03-2014, 10:01 PM
DTVmcdonald, you would have Tomcomm match two pictures and then expect them to show a difference? I don't understand.

I thought the problem, which is already being illustrated, is that the TV pictures do not look blue to the eye but sometimes come out blue with the camera.

You adjust the pictures in an editor so the image on the computer monitor
exactly matches what you see on the TV. You then post bog the
fixed camera image AND the file you played through the DVD player.
The reader compares those. Doing this comparison cancels
the unknown variable of the reader's computer monitor.

Look at my CT100 thread.

old_tv_nut
12-06-2014, 10:21 PM
All this fiddling with jpgs to get a visual match is nice if needed, but it's not needed because the pictures posted clearly illustrate the stated problem - some screen shots of the roundie come out blue and others do not.

Again, the only logical conclusion is it's a problem with the camera white balance changing. The way to fix it is to find a fixed white balance setting on the camera and use it. (Probably "Daylight" will work best, but any particular setting other than "Automatic" will at least stabilize the result.)

Tomcomm, I'm asking again - does your camera have white balance settings you can choose?

Tomcomm
12-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Wayne...I took these screen shots using my Olympus SP-550UZ with WB set for fluorescent lighting used in homes. Later on I started using WB adjusted on a HD white printer paper illuminated outside. I never used auto WB. I ran the original screen shots thru Photo Bucket shown here. The difference in white on the two Santas is minimal but the sweater trim is definite black and blue, eh? I intend to retake the two Santas again, this time matching the sweater's white level more accurately. I will be surprised if the two sweaters don't show the same black trim color on the 21CT55 seen by human eyes.......Tom

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20SELECT%20FOLDER/PC260483_zps8d25750d.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20SELECT%20FOLDER/PC260484_zpsd699cf60.jpg

old_tv_nut
12-07-2014, 06:14 PM
If you examine the various photos with a photo viewing program like Irfanview or Photoshop, you can read the RGB values. Compared to the direct file capture, your photos of the roundie are very blue, and the photos of the Sony are reddish. So, if these were taken with the same white balance setting, and they appeared the same to the eye, it is a problem with the camera seeing the different phosphors differently.

There are two ways to fix this:
1) set a different custom white balance on a full white screen on each set or
2) (easier) fix the white balance in a photo program

Edit: by the way, the back light shining on the left side of the full white beard is bluer than the front light shining on his sweater and face.

Tomcomm
11-10-2017, 02:16 PM
My present PhotoBucket charges $400 per year for hosting forums.
I'm trying to find a freeby. We'll see if Picturetrail works??
Top is 21ct55, bottom is Sony KU 27S27 of 1992. Try to call it up.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322344539.jpg

old_tv_nut
11-10-2017, 02:18 PM
The images are visible, but if by "call it up" you mean click through to view the original, it's not working.

Electronic M
11-11-2017, 11:37 AM
My present PhotoBucket charges $400 per year for hosting forums.
I'm trying to find a freeby. We'll see if Picturetrail works??
Top is 21ct55, bottom is Sony KU 27S27 of 1992. Try to call it up.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322344539.jpg

When Photo bucket went spamy I switched to Filckr. It's free and I can choose what size pic to display here.

Tomcomm
11-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Still checking out PhotoTrail.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322228416.jpg

benman94
11-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Use imgbb and be done...

Tomcomm
11-15-2017, 05:09 PM
What is "Use mgbb and be done"? Is it free?

benman94
11-15-2017, 05:19 PM
What is "Use mgbb and be done"? Is it free?

Imgbb is a free site. They have more options, and you can click on the thumbnail and get the full image size. I'm sorry if my response was short. The Photobucket issues have pissed a lot of us off. I lost about 500 some odd radio photos.

Tomcomm
11-15-2017, 05:41 PM
I understand. I Google'd imgbb and got a bunch of Apple stuff that didn't make sense to me. I'm still running XP and I still get confused. So if you could be so kind as to send me a lead to some simple internet site, I would be so grateful.

benman94
11-15-2017, 05:50 PM
https://imgbb.com

Just click on that link, hit upload, upload your images, and it'll spit out a list of links to post here.

Tomcomm
11-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Chip Chester
11-21-2017, 01:52 PM
...I lost about 500 some odd radio photos.

Not a PB user, so don't know for sure...
But you actually completely lost the pics -- as in you cannot look at them/retrieve them privately? I thought the $400 ransom was to be able to link to them in 3rd-party sites like VK, not to just look at them/download them yourself. That would be bad, bad, bad.

Chip

WISCOJIM
11-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Not a PB user, so don't know for sure...
But you actually completely lost the pics -- as in you cannot look at them/retrieve them privately? I thought the $400 ransom was to be able to link to them in 3rd-party sites like VK, not to just look at them/download them yourself. That would be bad, bad, bad.

Chip
Yes, they'd still be there unless he closed the account. And there are fixes to allow them to be seen in forums, getting around the PB limitation. So if they were left alone, and any of us added the PB embed fixes, we could see them in the forum the same way they were originally.

So for any of you that don't want to pay the Photobucket 3rd party hosting ransom, at least don't get upset and close your PB account. That only screws everyone else from viewing the images in the threads.

Fixes: http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324150

Kevin Kuehn
11-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Don't bet on that working for long. Anyone with a PB account should be able to download their photo's to a safe place, but at some point that option will likely go away. Long ago I came to the conclusion that there's really nothing permanent about the internet. It's all subject to going poof.

Electronic M
11-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Yes, they'd still be there unless he closed the account. And there are fixes to allow them to be seen in forums, getting around the PB limitation. So if they were left alone, and any of us added the PB embed fixes, we could see them in the forum the same way they were originally.

So for any of you that don't want to pay the Photobucket 3rd party hosting ransom, at least don't get upset and close your PB account. That only screws everyone else from viewing the images in the threads.

Fixes: http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324150

Thanks for sharing that fix!

Tomcomm
11-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Seems I've forgotten how to upload photos.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413664583.jpg

Tomcomm
11-24-2017, 01:40 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413664583.jpg

etype2
11-24-2017, 01:56 PM
Tom,

I can host your images and post them for you, if you like? Just email me the images.

Tomcomm
11-24-2017, 03:35 PM
Ive been a VideoKarma for long time. I want to continue as long as my short term memory holds up. I got to solve this current photo upload problem with PictureTrail as an ego thing. This 21CT55 tread is my thread so I got to solve its
problem myself.

old_tv_nut
11-24-2017, 03:43 PM
You were missing an opening square bracket, for one thing. But there is still no click through to a larger version, if that's what you intended.

Tomcomm
11-24-2017, 04:02 PM
I added leading [ .

It did't help, still no photo. So how did you get good photo above?

old_tv_nut
11-24-2017, 04:39 PM
The post above mine is working now. The post below mine has [MG] instead of [IMG] opening the string.

dtvmcdonald
11-24-2017, 04:58 PM
I see 5 copies of that picture. good color resolution

Tomcomm
11-24-2017, 05:20 PM
My bad! When I added the [ , I dropped the following I letter.

Kevin Kuehn
11-24-2017, 06:03 PM
That picture looks great!

stromberg67
11-27-2017, 05:05 PM
Hello again Tomcomm! Beautiful picture, as always.

Tomcomm
11-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Tried PhotoBucket again. Seems to work!

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010349_zps0791802a.jpg

Tomcomm
11-29-2017, 04:55 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010354_zps1b73e321.jpg

old_tv_nut
11-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Maybe working for you, but I only see "please update your account for 3rd party hosting."

WISCOJIM
11-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Maybe working for you, but I only see "please update your account for 3rd party hosting."
Have you added the Photobucket 3rd party embed fix to your browser?

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2737943#p2737943

old_tv_nut
11-29-2017, 05:36 PM
OK - also had to clear cache - works now

Tomcomm
12-01-2017, 03:02 PM
All my previous photos reverted to the black Photobucket ransom POS.

Tomcomm
12-01-2017, 03:29 PM

etype2
12-01-2017, 04:10 PM
I have a Photobucket account. Can view my images. The embed fix does not work for me, using IOS. Can’t see you images here. Found your account, no new photos there.

Electronic M
12-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Get a Flickr account. It is what I switched to when my photo bucket filled (which was shortly before the hosting ransom BS started).

With Flickr I can upload photos, find them in my Flickr account click photo, click the 'share' arrow (select BB code once and it will remember to use it), select the desired image size to embed here, copy the BB code from there to here and done.

My flickr pictures are all clickable to full rez versions. Being able to select size has it's advantages too. I can have a large screen filling picture to show detail/for dramatic effect, I can select midsize images and (with some pruning of their BB code) have 4 mid size images side by side on a page (great for screenshots, chassis pictures, and process progress sequences), or I can have a teeny tiny thumbnail for when I've got a tangentially related pic I don't want to distract from the main subject.

To illustrate a picture of my 21CT55 (and other sets):
There are bigger smaller and many inbetween sizes too, but this should give you the idea.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4246/34656893501_69eedfee02_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z)DSCN2596 (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z) by Tom Carlson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/137849736@N08/), on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4246/34656893501_13ce275bcc_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z) https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4246/34656893501_13ce275bcc_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z) https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4246/34656893501_13ce275bcc_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z) https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4246/34656893501_13ce275bcc_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4246/34656893501_13ce275bcc_q.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z)DSCN2596 (https://flic.kr/p/UNvD1z) by Tom Carlson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/137849736@N08/), on Flickr

WISCOJIM
12-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Shelves, Tom. You need shelves.

Electronic M
12-01-2017, 09:24 PM
About %50 of my wall space down there is shelves (filled ones)...The rest is mostly consoles (usually stacked to the ceiling). I can't find cheap shelves that can fit a console below and take the weight....I don't really have the cash either (got yelled at for spending $40 at an estate sale last week). That island of goodies has shifted all over the place, and organization has radically shifted down there since that pic was taken. A couple piles of small stuff has been shelved since.

ceebee23
12-02-2017, 04:22 AM
I spy an RCA CED player in there....

Electronic M
12-02-2017, 02:05 PM
I spy an RCA CED player in there....

I've got a LOT of goodies squirreled away down there...The two or three collectors I've shown my 'laboratory'/'dungeon of things that don't fit my display space' to all had similar reactions along the lines of 'Wow you've got so much! My mind is having trouble taking it all in'... It really makes ya feel proud of your hoard when you have more stuff in one place than fellow collectors can readily process. :D

Heck, better than half my stuff ain't never been spoken of here before, and much of that has not been seen in photos either....If I ever decided to leave the hobby I could host a 1 vendor swapmeet with my inventory. :D

Tomcomm
12-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Tom....I have completely forgotten I have Flickr since 2010!. So now I have most of the good 21ct55 screen shots already on my XP computer. Now all I have to do is learn how to use Flickr to upload any new stuff. I will now attempt to upload new stuff to VideoKarma using Flickr. I've also got old cars: '54 Olds Healey, '56 Chevy 210, '70 GTO 400. Come for a visit 805 688 8701.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/with/4275574892/

sampson159
12-03-2017, 05:31 PM
awesome screen shots.this set displays a beautiful picture with reds that are actually red,green grass thats green and blue skys!now post pics of the 70 gto!

daro
12-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Just a thought as the FCC is so hell bent on ending Net Neutrality in the foreseeable after 12/14/17, the hosting of photos from any 3rd party site may well all become user pays to link content to sites like VK, is there any contingency plans to host photos on VK if any other photo hosting site goes the route of Photobucket and demands big $$$ to post content on other sites?

colorfixer
12-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Just a thought as the FCC is so hell bent on ending Net Neutrality in the foreseeable after 12/14/17, the hosting of photos from any 3rd party site may well all become user pays to link content to sites like VK, is there any contingency plans to host photos on VK if any other photo hosting site goes the route of Photobucket and demands big $$$ to post content on other sites?

Move the site to a host in Canada... Host the pictures on another or same server in Canada. Remember all of this when you vote in 2020...

Electronic M
12-03-2017, 11:22 PM
VK already has photo hosting capability, but it is not the best interface (not to mention VK has lost all pictures before certain dates of maintenance/server failure), and you can't easily embed VK hosted pictures on other sites (so if like me your on multiple forums it ain't ideal).

Net neutrality ain't going to break the internet. It ain't going force or further enable sites to charge for stuff, it will just allow ISPs to speed up services they have agreements with.

Tomcomm
12-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Sampson.......I lost all sent car forum jpgs when pos Photobucket did its ransum
money grab. I will now have to upload any car photos using VK Car forum. I have
to learn uploading to PhotoTrail or Flicker photo hosting, both seem painful.

Tomcomm
02-04-2018, 06:05 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/

sampson159
02-05-2018, 10:25 AM
nice car!i ve owned 1968 and 69 gtos.the 69 was not a judge model.triple black,400 ram air engine,4 speed with power windows!blew it up and replaced with a 425 engine from a 1966 olds 442.the 1970 body is in my opinion the most beautiful of all pontiacs.btw-convergence on that set is near perfect.very hard to get it watchable let alone this close.screen shots are awesome

Tomcomm
02-12-2018, 02:03 PM
A 21CT55 running a 21FB22A crt can't compete with 120 watts of florescent front room lighting. Wayne's subdued wall lighting behind his CTC-5 really was great for his Superb Owl screen shots. That is the way all screen shots should be.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322228421.jpg

Tomcomm
02-12-2018, 02:34 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/4251874744/in/datetaken/

Tomcomm
03-02-2018, 05:23 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322228421.jpg

Tomcomm
03-13-2018, 04:50 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413666031.jpg

Tomcomm
03-16-2018, 12:56 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322339599.jpg

Tomcomm
04-21-2018, 05:33 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322339579.jpg

Tomcomm
04-22-2018, 03:22 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010349_zpsfc9a6a5b.jpg

Tomcomm
04-22-2018, 05:36 PM

MIPS
04-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Looks you are over your monthly bandwidth that Photobucket allows. :nono:

Tomcomm
04-23-2018, 04:24 PM

Electronic M
04-23-2018, 05:23 PM
$400 Photobucket Ransom Owed to post

Been that way for nearly a year for all photobucket users...Since my middle name is not 'moneybags' I dumped photobucket for flickr...Hell, I did that before the ransom when my 'free' account space filled.

Eventually, I'll migrate all my pics to flickr, delete them all off photobucket and be done with the moneygrubberbucket.

jr_tech
04-23-2018, 05:38 PM
Eventually, I'll migrate all my pics to flickr, delete them all off photobucket and be done with the moneygrubberbucket.

Got an e-mail last night the said Flickr will be taken over by SmugMug... who knows what thier policies will be. :scratch2:

jr

WISCOJIM
04-23-2018, 05:59 PM
And when they switch over, the Flickr links will no longer work in the forums.

jr_tech
04-23-2018, 06:15 PM
Aaaarrrrrggh!

jr

mrjukebox160
04-23-2018, 09:02 PM
Hopefully it won't be too bad:

The Silicon Valley firm, founded by a father and son team in 2002 without the help of venture capital or outside investment, says it intends for Flickr to “continue to operate separately, just as it has been”. SmugMug said no changes would be made to Flickr’s current plans or rates: “Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/23/flickr-bought-by-smugmug-yahoo-breakup

Didn't mean to contribute to hijacking this thread.

Tomcomm
04-29-2018, 04:58 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322228416.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322228416.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/323309486.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/323308129.jpg

Tomcomm
04-30-2018, 05:44 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010359_zps0f1cc6a5.jpg

Tomcomm
04-30-2018, 06:22 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/1%20Best%20RCA%20%20NEC/179-7988_IMG_1__zpsdedf5443.jpg

Tomcomm
05-01-2018, 03:43 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Good%20Screen%20Shots/GSS11_zpse2d4da09.jpg

Tomcomm
05-01-2018, 03:59 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Copyof4251874716_73782bab77_z_zpsd944bd83.jpg

Tomcomm
05-01-2018, 04:50 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Copyof4270080016_69be415bea_z_zps86ed0f6c.jpg

old_tv_nut
05-01-2018, 06:56 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Good%20Screen%20Shots/GSS11_zpse2d4da09.jpg

oops - better try again - the posted png is de-rez'd, too compressed and full of digital artifacts.

Tomcomm
05-01-2018, 07:38 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/GSS11_zps50463bce.jpg

Tomcomm
05-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Seems PB won't apply the Ransom Bulls Eye to every pix they process but they
limit the tag to HTTP that doesn't share. Only works.
The guy was an unfortunate example. He was shot around a very small camp fire, extremely low light.

[IMG]http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/GSS11_zps50463bce.jpg

old_tv_nut
05-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Still blocky

Edit - sorry our posts crossed

Tomcomm
05-02-2018, 11:09 AM
First attempt to upload JPG into PictureTrail.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413874646.jpg

WISCOJIM
05-02-2018, 12:42 PM
First attempt to upload JPG into PictureTrail.Are you just looking for a new free host? If so, the PictureTrail may not be what you want. The images will be "phased out" unless you start paying for their service.

"New PictureTrail members are assigned a free Intro Account. After 31 days, they are switched to the free Basic Account if they have not already upgraded to the Premium account level. Free Basic accounts are eventually phased out from the system if not upgraded to the paid Premium level."

http://www.picturetrail.com/webpages/pt_term_cond_popup.shtml

Tomcomm
05-02-2018, 01:09 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/P3060215_2_.jpg

Tomcomm
05-02-2018, 01:55 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/Lama1.jpg

Tomcomm
05-04-2018, 08:38 AM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/PA0303783_zps669ff9e6.jpg

Tomcomm
05-05-2018, 06:15 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/4%20%20new%20scrn%20shts/P3060310_zps7e748ef5.jpg

Tomcomm
05-06-2018, 02:51 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P3060238_zps146c06c1.jpg

Tomcomm
05-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Seems PB now works for me with no Bulls Eye, no hassle.

Tomcomm
05-06-2018, 04:15 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/CopyofP3110280_zpse587d305.jpg

Tomcomm
05-06-2018, 04:23 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/221-2135_IMG.jpg

Electronic M
05-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Not a single photobucket pic you've in the last two pages has shown an actual picture only the upgrade your account message...

mrjukebox160
05-07-2018, 12:00 AM
They are all showing for me.

jr_tech
05-07-2018, 12:47 AM
Interesting, this is all that I see on my iPad:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/865/41226302174_41bdb939da_z_d.jpg

:scratch2:

jr

kvflyer
05-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Not showing here either. Windows 10, Chrome browser.

Tomcomm
05-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Since no one replied until now, I assumed Picture Bucket was fine with me.
PB said originators would be treated the same as the shared receivers and
would be denied. Boy was I nieve! So what took you so long, guys?

Tom9589
05-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Not showing on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Chrome or Internet Explorer

WISCOJIM
05-07-2018, 11:55 AM
You may not see the photos until you install a photobucket imbed fix.

Here's the one for Chrome. Google for others.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj

Tomcomm
05-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Photo Bucket wont allow 3rd party photo sharing unless I go PRO at $ 400 a year, up front. Flickr says they wont run on my two XPs. Seems the only photo sharing program available to me is Photo Trails. It's free now, but probably will
demand I go Pro at $ 19.95 a year, for 500 pics or 50 Mb storage, which ever comes first. I think I can handle that. :banana:

Tomcomm
05-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Photo Bucket wont allow 3rd party photo sharing unless I go PRO at $ 400 a year, up front. Flickr says they wont run on my two XPs. Seems the only photo sharing program available to me is Photo Trails. It's free now, but probably will
demand I go Pro at $ 19.95 a year, for 500 pics or 50 Mb storage, which ever comes first. I think I can handle that.

Electronic M
05-11-2018, 08:31 PM
demand I go Pro at $ 19.95 a year, for 500 pics or 50 Mb storage, which ever comes first. I think I can handle that. :banana:

If by XP you mean Windows XP that is woefully obsolete. If the hardware still has the specs to support Windows 7 you ought to buy a cheap second-hand install disc and upgrade...If it doesn't your probably wasting seconds-minutes of your life each time you sit at those machines waiting for them to do something 1000X slower than a more current system.

kvflyer
05-12-2018, 11:41 AM
You may not see the photos until you install a photobucket imbed fix.

Here's the one for Chrome. Google for others.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj

I got the Chrome fix... It all works fine now.

"Take that, Photobucket!"

Tomcomm
05-12-2018, 01:31 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322344539.jpg

Tomcomm
05-12-2018, 05:51 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413887871.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413887870.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413887869.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413887835.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322339575.jpghttp://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413664570.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413664570.jpg

Tomcomm
05-29-2018, 01:42 PM
Regarding Tom C's response to my continuing use the ancient MS XP operating
system. I live in the outback area of Santa Barbara county, California.
Out here there is no fiber optic cable service to our house, only expensive and
easily overloaded Hughes Direct Satellite. The alternative is line of sight 2000
Mhs radio to/from a mountain top 12 miles away.

Since we aren't Power Internet or Gaming users we got the most cost effective
service from our internet service provider, Impulse.Net. For $50 per month they
guarantee their download speed of >5Mbps and my upload of >1Mbps.

Clearly my ancient MS XP computers are not the speed limiters here. As an aside
the US Navy still uses the MS XP operating system and pays Microsoft to maintain
it fast and secure. I don't need internet speed bragging rights.....Tom

Tom9589
05-29-2018, 02:21 PM
The Home Depot still uses XP on its self-checkout terminals. I watched a tech service one recently and saw the familiar XP boot up procedure.

Electronic M
05-29-2018, 02:27 PM
Regarding Tom C's response to my continuing use the ancient MS XP operating
operating system. I live in the outback area of Santa Barbara county, California.
Out here there is no fiber optic cable service to our house, only expensive and
easily overloaded Hughes Direct Satellite. The alternative is line of sight 2000
Mhs radio to/from a mountain top 12 miles away.

Since we aren't Power Internet or Gaming users we got the most cost effective
service from our internet service provider, Impulse.Net. For $50 per month they
guarantee their download speed of >5Mbps and my upload of >1Mbps.

Clearly my ancient MS XP computers are not the speed limiters here. As an aside
the US Navy still uses the MS XP operating system and pays Microsoft to maintain it fast and secure. I don't need internet speed bragging rights.....Tom

My comment was a recommendation...Almost every XP rig I've tried to use in the last 8 years was painfully slow not just on the internet but also on its normal software too...If your money is worth more than your time, by all means, keep your dinosaur around.

The navy presently is not a good spokesperson for XP or any other obsolete technology in my book...They are also using and maintaining planes older than my parents, that have been conking out mid-air and crashing with loss of life in the past few months...

My last employer had decades-old top of the line computerized oscilloscopes running XP that were labeled 'ABSOLUTELY NEVER CONNECT THIS TO THE NETWORK/INTERNET'...Asking about it I was told because they are very easy to hack, and were made inoperable by a hacker last time they were connected, and that they put the rest of the company network at risk too...

Tomcomm
05-31-2018, 07:00 PM
Flickr will work on Windows XP only on version 10 and above.
My computers run on Windows XP version 2002, Service Pack 2.
They seem to have no problems with Flickr IMG.
I think I'll keep them both, eh?

Tomcomm
06-02-2018, 02:09 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4044/4275574892_3a104d4ca7_z.jpg?zz=1 (https://flic.kr/p/7vPrsu)208-0866R (https://flic.kr/p/7vPrsu) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
06-02-2018, 02:47 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4067/4252103328_b3b5954496_z.jpg?zz=1 (https://flic.kr/p/7tK9bm)Copy of S-40 Pic 1-15-08 404 (https://flic.kr/p/7tK9bm) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
06-03-2018, 03:32 PM
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2686/4270080012_fcb1e00394_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/7vkh2b)17 (https://flic.kr/p/7vkh2b) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
06-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Flickr seems to make IMG formats for image sharing.
How can I make a desktop icon for Flickr?

Presently I have to Google search:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/bbcode

to bring up my Flicker home page. Any suggestions?

old_tv_nut
06-03-2018, 05:54 PM
I just type in Flickr.com, and at the top of the page one of the links is "You," which goes to my page. Is this getting close to what you want?

Tomcomm
06-04-2018, 09:12 AM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4034/4270080026_792a322849_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/7vkh2q)31 (https://flic.kr/p/7vkh2q) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

old_tv_nut
06-04-2018, 11:04 AM
does this page help?
https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157631535715627/

Tomcomm
06-04-2018, 01:22 PM
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2754/4252103368_9a8f43b337_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/7tK9c3)Copy of 179-7992_IMG (https://flic.kr/p/7tK9c3) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
06-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Uses Google Search to locate JPG photo then calls up Sharing which in turn
develops one... jpg[/img] sharing code and three other https codes.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4003/4270080002_8fabf3d364_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/7vkh21)15 (https://flic.kr/p/7vkh21) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

wiseguy
06-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Beautiiful !! Can't get any better than that !
trust me I know

Tomcomm
06-04-2018, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the compliment, wiseguy. The old 21CT55 pumps quality fer sure.
Now if I can only get Flickr to be more Senior Friendly for me I will feel better
and stay off the wine. Seems Photo Bucket is offering two cheapy photo
postings but wont kill the annoying adds. I gotta stay with free Photo Trail and
free Flickr at least for now.

Tomcomm
06-07-2018, 03:44 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4570/38810140272_fdba734a04_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/228w7zw)138-3835_IMG (https://flic.kr/p/228w7zw) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

sampson159
06-08-2018, 09:55 AM
i ll take it!the gto ,i mean

Tomcomm
06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4537/37953755185_a36a14c864_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ZPQV8p)138-3837_IMG (https://flic.kr/p/ZPQV8p) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
06-13-2018, 12:12 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/P3060215_2_.jpg

Tomcomm
06-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Have any of you got a 21ct55 color bar screen shot or is it the still the PB
bulls eye? Please respond so I can move off this pos issue..........Tomcomm

jr_tech
06-13-2018, 06:36 PM
I see bars... does the duck fly down and give me 100$ ?

jr

Tomcomm
06-14-2018, 11:35 AM
On a sample of one, eg jr....tech, non subscription PB photo sharing is possible.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/220-2082_IMG.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/220-2068_IMG.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/220-2070_IMG.jpg

Tomcomm
06-15-2018, 10:36 AM
This is a test. I request a reply: Did you see the tough Ferris Bueler Gal ??

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P10103502_zpsc8b86c8a.jpg (http://s677.photobucket.com/user/tomcomm/media/P10103502_zpsc8b86c8a.jpg.html)

Electronic M
06-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Yup. How are you making photobucket work like this?

Tomcomm
06-15-2018, 11:29 AM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Copyofcid_0618995F46B042CAB21496C3D32393E0BluePC_z psdd894ade.jpg (http://s677.photobucket.com/user/tomcomm/media/Copyofcid_0618995F46B042CAB21496C3D32393E0BluePC_z psdd894ade.jpg.html)

Electronic M
06-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Please don't keep your cat in the dryer. :D

Tomcomm
06-15-2018, 02:34 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010354_zps1b73e321.jpg (http://s677.photobucket.com/user/tomcomm/media/P1010354_zps1b73e321.jpg.html)

Electronic M
06-15-2018, 02:39 PM
I see her.

IsthmusTV
06-16-2018, 10:07 AM
I got an email from Photobucket that said "For a limited time your 3rd party images will be hosted. Please login and secure your appropriate account as soon as possible. We are excited to offer storage and hosting plans that were built with you in mind." I noticed that all of my PB images are back too. Who knows how long it will last.

They are trying to lure back users with "lower priced plans." The cheapest one that allows third party hosting is $48/year. They were running a half price special, but it appears to be over.

-Clark

old_tv_nut
06-16-2018, 06:06 PM
I see bars

Tomcomm
06-30-2018, 04:51 PM
I've used previous IMG coded text made in 2012 as a backup, just in case.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20TV%202/P2290111.jpg

Electronic M
06-30-2018, 05:53 PM
It's there.

Tomcomm
07-09-2018, 04:20 PM
[http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/4%20%20new%20scrn%20shts_2/P3060298_zpsda96737b.jpg[/URL]

Tomcomm
07-12-2018, 04:33 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/10-2-13/Copyof4276717907_82c45ce9f0_z_zps54153925.jpg (http://s677.photobucket.com/user/tomcomm/media/10-2-13/Copyof4276717907_82c45ce9f0_z_zps54153925.jpg.html )

Tomcomm
07-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Seems PB is permitting long-time users free IMG postings.correct?

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20TV/17.jpg

Electronic M
07-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Seems PB is permitting long-time users free IMG postings.correct?

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20TV/17.jpg

That is the first I've heard that...Now I need to check if my photobucket account works again too.

Tomcomm
07-29-2018, 02:53 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Oly%20Screen%20Shots_5/GSS39_zps5uzp5cof.jpg

Tomcomm
07-31-2018, 05:24 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/JPG%20HOLD%20FOLDER/PA030386_zps47174e91.jpg

Tomcomm
09-03-2018, 03:15 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P1010355_zpsaec6d637.jpg

Tomcomm
09-25-2018, 03:28 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P3060266_zps482d0150.jpg[/URL]

Tomcomm
10-01-2018, 01:44 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/1024wedge2.jpg

Tomcomm
10-28-2018, 01:12 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/413664571.jpg

Tomcomm
11-13-2018, 04:48 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322344539.jpg

Tomcomm
12-04-2018, 11:02 AM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322240730.jpg

Tomcomm
12-04-2018, 11:51 AM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/323308129.jpg

WISCOJIM
12-04-2018, 11:54 AM
I see it, leopard shots.

old_tv_nut
12-04-2018, 01:29 PM
I see it

jr_tech
12-04-2018, 02:40 PM
I did! I taw a puddy tat!

jr

Tomcomm
01-07-2019, 01:09 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Copy2of1-143_4388F.jpg

dtvmcdonald
01-07-2019, 07:03 PM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/Copy2of1-143_4388F.jpg
Looks British. Probably does not work. Do the electrics say "Lucas"?
Is there a puddle of oil under it?

Tomcomm
01-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Go to Videokarma: Things With Motors: Olds V8 Healey.

Tomcomm
02-07-2019, 03:46 PM

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/CopyofP3050208_1_.jpg

Electronic M
02-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Your pictures are there.

This is reminding me that I need to do something about the 3A2s in my 21CT55.... during the Superb owl and state of the union the color sync started drifting on longer programs... I changed the chroma osc tube adjusted the osc then went to bed. The next morning I got turned it on to see if the osc would sync cold, and before I could switch on my signal source I lost raster. The final 3a2 died... I was able to to confirm by swapping a weak one in. Now I gotta decide if I get more or build an SS substitute.

Tomcomm
02-12-2019, 07:25 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1792/11235128/19914223/322339579.jpg

Tomcomm
03-20-2019, 03:45 PM
I configured a 1954 Austin Healey AH 100 with a big block 348 ci Oldsmobile V8 in mid 1957, 10 years before Shelby's 427 ci Ford big block. It had a curb weight of 2486# and a F/B ratio of 48/52% verses a weight of 2529# and F/B 48/52% for the Shelby 427. I have always wondered if Shelby was aware of the "OldsHealey" when he went "Big Block Cobra".

Seems Shelby's first attempt at a big block was to drop-in a 427 BB in place of the 289 SB, performed by his guys in Southern Calif. The guy that did the install apparently replaced a small block engine with a big block with no additional rear setback! He relates he went for a ride with Carroll thru the neighborhood. It was the most freighting time he had ever experience of his lifetime!

Shelby was assembling 289 Cobras in a LA Airport Calif industry zone in Elsungundo, virtually adjacent to Inglewood Calif where I did my engine swap. Seems strange they came out with exactly the same 48/52% F/B ratio, the same 90 inch wheelbase and the same curb weight within 48# curb weight! Amazing! Big Block engines alone must have weighed 200# to 300# more than the Small Blocks with no additional rear setback!

Anyway, I moved to Santa Inez Calif early 2000 to a Woodstock Calif 20 acre ranch with Judy and my classic cars: The '54
OldsHealey 418ci, '56 Chevy hardtop 327ci and '70 GTO 400ci are garaged along with a John Deer tractor and a golf cart.
In all these 18 years I have only met two car guys. A neighbor Dan Gerber with competitive Healeys and Larry Westbury with a competitive Shelby Viper V10.

I only rode passenger once with each. Dan's competitive Healey, and Larry's competitive Shelby Viper...... Scarry!

Tom9589
03-20-2019, 06:52 PM
I thought the Viper came with a V10, not a V12.

tubesrule
03-20-2019, 07:10 PM
Seems Shelby's first attempt at a big block was to drop-in a 427 BB in place of the 327 SB, performed by his guys in Southern Calif.

Shelby never tried a 327 SB in the Cobra. The Cobra started out with the Ford 260 SB, then went to a 289 SB. Owners of the 260 cars could get the factory to replace their engine with the 289. They did try a 390 FE BB in one early chassis as an experiment. He then went to the 427 side oiler when he completely redesigned the car. There is almost nothing in common between the chassis/suspension/steering/bodies of the SB Cobra's and BB Cobra's. They never put a 427 in a SB chassis.

Darryl

Sandy G
03-21-2019, 09:02 AM
A couple of points-1)-Other than a SLIGHT loss of sharpness, the 21CT55 puts on a picture that makes all the Super-Duper HDTV junque of today hang its collective head in shame-To ME, anyhow... And the "Sharpness" business just might be the vagarities of a 2nd or 3rd generation screen shot, not optimal original signal, whatever. Secondly, Ferd made a WILD motor in the late '60s-a single overhead camshaft 427. My little sick & deviant mind has BOGGLED a lot over WHAT could have happened had they pursued development w/this mill- a DOHC version w/4 or 5 valves per cylinder, modern electronic control, the whole 9 yards. And they NEVER bore these puppies out to rival anything like we had back in the day-Ford's V-10 is a "Secretary Special" at a piddling 413 cubic inches. When they trump Caddy's 500 CID w/say, 550 or bigger wDOHC, 4 valves per cyl, & are pushing out 1200-2500 BHP, then we'll know they're SERIOUS... Of course, me, being VERY "Anal-retentive", I'm still cheesed that they relegated Flatheads to the dustbin of history...

Tomcomm
03-22-2019, 09:33 AM
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/55%20RCA%2021CT55%20scrn-shots/Lama1.jpg

Tomcomm
03-25-2019, 02:43 PM
https://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/tomcomm/P10103502_zpsc8b86c8a.jpg (https://s677.photobucket.com/user/tomcomm/media/P10103502_zpsc8b86c8a.jpg.html)

Tomcomm
03-29-2019, 11:55 AM
Has any member attempted to change their FLICKR email address? I tried this
morning and got nowhere! Seems it's impossibly complicated. I've had my original
one for at least 10 years: wschnerk@impulse.net. I want to change it to:
tomcomm@impulse.net, no big deal?? Anyone?

WISCOJIM
03-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Has any member attempted to change their FLICKR email address? I tried this
morning and got nowhere! Seems it's impossibly complicated. I've had my original
one for at least 10 years: wschnerk@impulse.net. I want to change it to:
tomcomm@impulse.net, no big deal?? Anyone?

I hadn't realized that I didn't update my address with them, they still had me at an old one. Your post reminded me just now to change it. I just followed the directions at the link below, confirmed the email address, and everything was done in just two minutes. Because Flickr and Yahoo are associated with each other, I then updated my email address there as well, and deleted the old email address from both accounts. Worked flawlessly for me.

https://help.flickr.com/en_us/change-your-flickr-contact-email-address-Sk1l6Xokm

Tomcomm
03-29-2019, 01:14 PM
Thanks WISCOJIM for your reply. I can't find my highlighted BUDDY ICON
anywhere on my screen. I use a Dell XP 2002, maybe it can't display these
AOL icons ??? Am I sol here? Anyone?

WISCOJIM
03-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Thanks WISCOJIM for your reply. I can't find my highlighted BUDDY ICON
anywhere on my screen. I use a Dell XP 2002, maybe it can't display these
AOL icons ??? Am I sol here? Anyone?

I used a Windows PC.

http://www.videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=198431&stc=1&d=1553891352

Tomcomm
04-01-2019, 03:02 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7867/40550599933_7919beb9be_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24MjqAH)008H (https://flic.kr/p/24MjqAH) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
04-01-2019, 03:08 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7867/40550599933_7919beb9be_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24MjqAH)008H (https://flic.kr/p/24MjqAH) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
04-01-2019, 03:25 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7849/33618396548_baa8c79114_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/TdK53G)212-1214_IMG (https://flic.kr/p/TdK53G) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Electronic M
04-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Paper caps need changing, the 3A2 is only rated for 18KV so it is not a good choice for HV rect in that retrofit, and also why did you move the damper inside the HV cage?

Tomcomm
04-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Not to worry,Tom. That was an early iteration, the only good photo I had.
The HV rectifier is a 3A3 in the pix not a 3A2, you had that wrong. As for the paper caps....I don't replace stuff that works. Whats your hang up on the damper? It was mounted with the CTC 20 FBT for convenience.

Get a life, this thing has been running off and on for 8 years now with no failures. This 21CT55 is the only tube TV I've got. We've grown old together.

Electronic M
04-01-2019, 08:20 PM
The HV rectifier is a 3A3 in the pix not a 3A2, you had that wrong.
The HV rectifiers shown in that pic ARE 3A2s...3A2s are 9-pin minature types 3A3s are bakelite base octals there is no mistaking what is pictured. You may have 3A3s in it now but when you took that pic there were 3A2s in it.

As for the paper caps....I don't replace stuff that works. By that logic I assume you are still running 60's vintage Valvoline oil in your Olds Healy...Running paper dielectric caps in a TV these days is about the same as taking a barn find car that hasn't had a fluid change in 60 years and running the original fluids till it ceases or the engine block cracks...Actually, you already experienced the TV equivalent when you burnt up your flyback some years ago.

Whats your hang up on the damper? It was mounted with the CTC 20 FBT for convenience. Well you can close the HV cage and hide the new damper, but it still will look weird if the old socket is empty, and you or anyone servicing the set in the future could plug the yoke into the wrong scoket by mistake.

Get a life, this thing has been running off and on for 8 years now with no failures.
If my opinion on your posts is unwelcome I'm perfectly content to let you continue to publicly talk to yourself (as you primarily have been in this thread) mindlessly reposting old pictures we've already seen and repeatedly asking an uninterested pack of crickets for a response...Shine on ya crazy diamond-Pink Floyd

Tomcomm
04-02-2019, 10:19 AM
How many Videokarma members see 3A3 rectifiers in my photo postings?
Actually I used CTC-20 3A3A hi voltage and 3A2 focus.

Tom's comments about "paper capacitors" was a matter of his preference.
His OldsHealey comment refers to my life's major hoby project that is still
competitive with Shelby's 427 Cobra! What might his life's magor project be?

As for Tom's rag about my repeated posting various shared photos was
mindless and completely unfair. I was attempting to find a replacement
for Photo Bucket photo sharing. Sorry for anyone's inconvenience.

The winters must be pretty long and cold in Pewaukee/Delafield to keep
Tom entertained, eh...........Tom

Tomcomm
04-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Apart from all the noise, does any member know of a successful flyback transformer
transplant actually performed on an original 21CT55 with a much later donor
flyback system install? Just curious........... Mindless Tomcomm

Electronic M
04-02-2019, 06:16 PM
How many Videokarma members see 3A3 rectifiers in my photo postings?
Actually I used CTC-20 3A3A hi voltage and 2AV2 focus, both are backlite
based octals that were pretty obvious in the photo.
The only octals in that photo in the HV cage are the damper and HV regulator...Look at it closer.

Tom's comments about "paper capacitors" was a matter of his preference.
Replacing ALL paper capacitors: the 'preference' of >90% of all TV and radio collectors who repair their equipment....If cooking the original flyback didn't teach you a lesson I suppose nothing I (an ELectrical Engineer) or others in past threads say will ever get through to you.:no::sigh:

As for Tom's rag about my repeated posting various shared photos was
mindless and completely unfair. I was attempting to find a replacement
for Photo Bucket photo sharing. Sorry for anyone's inconvenience.
Would you agree that facts are fair? Going back through this thread you've been trying to "find a replacement for Photo Bucket" since 11-10-2017 and have made over 70 posts to that end in that time... I just created a new flickr account (since my old one was full) in 10 minutes and confirmed it works with an edit to one post...Comparatively speaking is it not something of a joke to take what ammounts to 1.3 years and over 70 posts and STILL not be done with the same task I just did in 10min?

The winters must be pretty long and cold in Pewaukee/Delafield to keep
Tom entertained, eh...........Tom
It was 54 here today and there are a variety of things inside and out I could better spend my time on than trying to show you reality.

mrjukebox160
04-02-2019, 07:34 PM
I sharpened and expanded part of your photo. It is a 3A2.

Tomcomm
04-03-2019, 02:19 PM
After much confusion I have identified my infamous 21CT55 photo as a very
early work in progress attempt to replace its FBT. I agree that both CRT
anode and focus rectifiers in the photo are 3A2's, dated Dec 19, 2010.
The original 21CT55 uses 2 3A2 in a voltage doubler HV CRT anode circuit.

The latest FBT replacement photo, dated July 5, 2011 clearly shows the
focus rectifier as a 3A2 mini, and the CRT anode is clearly a 3A3C octal.

Apparently my 21CT55/ CTC 20A hybrid still uses this scheme today, Feb 3, 2019.
Too bad there was so much vicious discussion. I don't do well with bullies.

Yamamaya42
04-03-2019, 02:40 PM
All I have to say about it ( never having seen that model before, and not wanting to get into the fray ) , that at first glance, it kinda reminds me of the set of a Frankenstein movie, if looked at very close up!
:lmao::yikes:

Electronic M
04-03-2019, 05:46 PM
After much confusion I have identified my infamous 21CT55 photo as a very
early work in progress attempt to replace its FBT. I agree that both CRT
anode and focus rectifiers in the photo are 3A2's, dated Dec 19, 2010.
The original 21CT55 uses 2 3A2 in a voltage doubler HV CRT anode circuit.

The latest FBT replacement photo, dated July 5, 2011 clearly shows the
focus rectifier as a 3A2 mini, and the CRT anode is clearly a 3A3C octal.

Apparently my 21CT55/ CTC 20A hybrid still uses this scheme today, Feb 3, 2019.
Too bad there was so much vicious discussion. I don't do well with bullies.
Be aware if you hadn't insulted me with that "get a life" quip in response to fair critique of the state of the set in the pic you would have gotten a much flatter response there after. I'm no bully, but when someone randomnly slaps me in the face I feel strongly inclined to return the favor...

Tomcomm
04-04-2019, 04:54 PM
217-1793_img..............Obviously that didn't work. So how to fix it ?

Electronic M
04-04-2019, 06:39 PM
217-1793_img..............Obviously that didn't work. So how to fix it ?

How to post a pic from flickr to VK: Go to the album, photostream or gallery the pic you wish to post resides in and click said picture. (Pro tip: this whole process should work for your own account as well as in some other people's accounts.)
https://live.staticflickr.com/7810/33661738568_2bab101cba_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Thzd7U)flick1 (https://flic.kr/p/Thzd7U) by Tom Carlson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/170741359@N03/), on Flickr

Once on the page dedicated to said photo click on the share arrow in the bottom right corner of the black space.
https://live.staticflickr.com/7854/40572446463_a8646ec0df_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24PfoP2)flick2 (https://flic.kr/p/24PfoP2) by Tom Carlson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/170741359@N03/), on Flickr

Once the popup box opens:
#1: Click the BB code tab (if there is no blue bar under it) to get the blue bar under it. The blue bar indicates which tab is selected.
#2: click the size bar and menu 3 opens to allow you to select the size you want it to display in here on VK.
#3: pick your size (I've highlited some good choices)
#4: click the BB code bar, the code should turn blue, copy it (using CTRL+C keys or by right-clicking and selecting copy from the menu that appears).
If the pop up opens in the BB code tab at the size you want then you can skip steps #1-3
https://live.staticflickr.com/7870/33661737688_804a1cb8d6_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ThzcRJ)

Now go to videokarma (which you presumably have open in another tab of your web browser so you can quickly switch between VK and flickr tabs to quickly post multiple photos) and paste the BB code in the thread where you want it.

You can even remove a snippet of the end of the BB code to suppress the user accredidation links. (click quote on my post and examine the text comparing the second and third pic to see how I did it) I like to do this when I post a gallery of 320X240 shots...I can arrange the edited BB code pics in a nice neat grid of mid size thumbnails that is still clickable to access the full size pic on flickr.

BTW: you don't have to actually post to check if your photo works. You can click the go advanced link under the reply box on VK write up a post insert the BB code then click preview to see a preview of what it will look like (photos and all)...You can edit it further if you dislike it and re-preview it if you wish, or click submit to post for the world to see. This is a great sandbox to test stuff in without showing the world that your fumbling with making pictures embed in your posts.
You could also go to one of your old posts and click edit and add pics to an old post (just remember VK has a pics per post limit of IIRC 16).

Advanced warning: Since IIRC each account can only hold 2K photos now once I start to run low on space in ~1-3 years I'll delete the photos in this post from my account and they will cease to exist.

Tomcomm
04-04-2019, 07:38 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/7854/40572446463_a8646ec0df.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24PfoP2)flick2 (https://flic.kr/p/24PfoP2) by Tom Carlson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/170741359@N03/), on Flickr

old_tv_nut
04-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Another way that just gets the image address without the added text and links:

On Flickr, click on the download arrow at the far right bottom.
A popup menu appears with several sizes and "View all sizes."
Click on "View all sizes".
This brings up a page with all available sizes listed.
Pick the size you want and click on it. When that image appears, right click on the image and select "copy image address" from the pop-up menu.

Back at your VK reply, click "Go Advanced"
Above the text box, click the "insert image" icon (looks like a postcard of a mountain).
In the popup for the URL, paste the image address that you copied from flickr by typing CTL-V, and click OK.

EDIT: incase you were in doubt, neither procedure actually copies the image to VK, only the link. Therefore, you must keep the image on Flickr or it will disappear here too.

old_tv_nut
04-04-2019, 09:40 PM
By the way, I really wonder if there is any limit on number of embedded image links (vs. actual uploaded images), so you may not need to worry about having to delete any in the future.

Tomcomm
04-05-2019, 12:40 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/7858/40565539113_13e034e461_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24NCZuM)210-1074_IMG (https://flic.kr/p/24NCZuM) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
04-05-2019, 12:48 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/7858/40565539113_13e034e461_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24NCZuM)210-1074_IMG (https://flic.kr/p/24NCZuM) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Tomcomm
04-05-2019, 01:14 PM
I pulled up your "Gota Have Stuff List".

I have a Pilot TV-37 3 inch TV and an Emerson projection TV using a 2 inch Norelco Schmitt optical system.

Also a 1948 RCA KCS40 TV, similar to the classic RCA KC 630 10 incher.

I'll send you the complete attic list if interested..........Tom

Tomcomm
04-05-2019, 05:41 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/7867/40550599933_dde695aeea_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24MjqAH)008H (https://flic.kr/p/24MjqAH) by Tom Schnerk (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcomm/), on Flickr

Electronic M
04-05-2019, 05:57 PM
I pulled up your "Gota Have Stuff List".

I have a Pilot TV-37 3 inch TV and an Emerson projection TV using a 2 inch Norelco Schmitt optical system.

Also a 1948 RCA KCS40 TV, similar to the classic RCA KC 630 10 incher.

I'll send you the complete attic list if interested..........Tom

Probably not this year. I can't justify a drive to California any time soon, I assume you're not coming east any time soon, and most of it is not worth the shipping cost any service would charge for that distance.

I should probably take projection TV off the list I have in the last few months obtained a couple of protelgram projector add-ons...They were end tables with the CRT projection optics to work with a 4'X3' projector screen or wall and took deflection and CRT video drive from a 10" direct view set.

benman94
04-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Tomcomm-

Cool it with the personal attacks on Tom Carlson.

And I'm inclined to agree Tom Carlson, 246 posts later and you still haven't figured out how to share a photo, despite having been given advice on how to do so at least six separate times by my own account.

This thread thus far has been an excersie in absolute pointlessness, and is worthy of nuking. I'll run it past the other mods though...

Electronic M
04-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Ben, I think He and I have both moved on from arguing over the last 2 days...Better late than never though.

Tomcomm
04-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Benman94......Tom C and Tom S are buddys now, so let sleeping dogs lay, ok?

jr_tech
04-06-2019, 01:13 PM
let sleeping dogs lay, ok?

Good idea for cats, as well:

https://live.staticflickr.com/4867/46624124871_9eda7ea533_z_d.jpg

I used the posting method recommended by old tv nut, which looses the attribution.

jr