View Full Version : sylvania find in mich today

snelson903
03-30-2013, 08:15 PM
looks like spring is here,im back on the hunt scored this today from the orginal owner in mich.tested the crt after waking it up vary good condition ,just looking at the flyback ,might need a new one .this is my first halolight it looks complete nothing missing.:D:D

oldtvsandtoy
03-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Great looking set. Stole it out of my backyard.looks like spring is here,im back on the hunt scored this today from the orginal owner in mich.tested the crt after waking it up vary good condition ,just looking at the flyback ,might need a new one .this is my first halolight it looks complete nothing missing.:D:D

Tony V
03-30-2013, 09:57 PM
I have the same set except mine has doors. Nice score!

snelson903
03-31-2013, 08:26 AM
i noticed one thing ,i have other sets that are about the same size and shape ,this was a heavy monster ,it took 4 of us to gently put it back of my truck rapped in blankets.

dieseljeep
03-31-2013, 10:24 AM
looks like spring is here,im back on the hunt scored this today from the orginal owner in mich.tested the crt after waking it up vary good condition ,just looking at the flyback ,might need a new one .this is my first halolight it looks complete nothing missing.:D:D
That's probably the last really good Sylvania model.
The flyback might be only dirty and not burnt. That's the secondary winding.

bars&tone
03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
That's a good-looking Halolight set. Good deal.

snelson903
03-31-2013, 08:46 PM
i almost didnt go after it ,it was sitting on craigslist for awhile i couldnt understand why no -one bought it, it was a three hours away from me . i kept talking about it and after getting my 55 zenith up and running last week ,my wife said i like that set why dont you go get it ,after the shock of her saying that ,yea i room for one more i called the lady and she dropped the price to 60.00 . i think i figured out why they didnt sell it, some people when they post tv's on craigslist they dont write tv they write television and others spell it wrong [ teleivision ] iv found a few sets this way now.