View Full Version : Had a trojan at my web page, think I got rid of it

wa2ise
02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
I, and a number of others, were getting warnings when trying to access my web site http://www.wa2ise.com/ for the last couple of weeks. I FTPed to my web host, and according to the dates at the ftp site, something happened to all my html files on Jan 20, 2013 around 9PM. I copied the index.html file to my 1st computer (I have MacFee SW on it), it reports that it found, then removed a Trojan embedded in this file. As a test, I copied this cleansed file back to the web host, and tried on my 2nd computer (running Norton) to look at my web site. It used to be rejected, now it loads as normal. :thmbsp:
Then I did the rest of the html files, and when I copied the various html files to my computer, McAfee says it found a trojan in each file, and removed it from each file for me. I then copied these "cleansed" files back to the web site via ftp, and my 2nd computer, which used to deny access to my web page, now doesn't get upset, and it now loads as normal.

So give my web site another try. Looks like the trojan is gone, I hope...

bandersen
02-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Funny you should mention that. I just finished cleaning out a redirect script to fardoz.com someone had hacked into my website! No idea how long ago it got hacked.

wa2ise
02-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Just this morning I corrected an error I caused: placed the wrong index.html file on the root directory of my web page... :sigh: