View Full Version : Smiley faces

Charlie
02-08-2013, 03:27 AM
I've been noticing for some time now... the smileys on the page where you type your message (as I am doing now) do not seem to work when you click on them. if I click on the "more" link, those smileys do work.

Is it just me, or are others noticing this as well?

Eric H
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
I just used them and it worked for me.

Charlie
02-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Interesting. I've been experiencing this problem for a few months. I am going home Sunday... for a few days and then return to the ship. While home, I will try from my dad's computer and see what happens.

Charlie
02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
This is a test. :D :banana: :music: :smoke: :tears: :boring: It is only a test.

Well now. This is interesting. As before, the smileys do not work if I click on Post Reply in the lower left and attempt to use the smileys on the following page. However, I did just notice that if I start typing a reply in the Quick Reply section at the bottom, and then click on Go Advanced, then the smileys work.

And, as mentioned previously, they work when I use the more link. :D

It must be getting time for a new computer. I wonder what gives. :scratch2:

Reece
02-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Your 'puter needs to be washed and dried, methinks. Sometimes purging all the internet history and then running CC Cleaner (free download) will help. Also defrag frequently. I found Auslogics free defragger works better and faster than the built-in MS one. :yes: This smiley worked off the first (not more) page OK.

Kamakiri
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
:dunno:

Charlie
02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
I do regularly purge the system of old crap, and I do use and update CC cleaner on a regular basis. I have never defragged this machine... it does it when it thinks it needs it.

It's not like this issue will cause my world to come tumbling down, but I do kinda wonder why this started happening.