View Full Version : ATTENTION::: STOLEN vintage color chassis!!!

rca2000
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I have just suffered a MAJOR theft of my storage garage!! Among MANY other items stolen--severral vintage color tv chassis--includig ONE 29jc20 Zenith chassis, almost complete--including a GOOD fly and Power tranny. !! We all KNOW how rare these are---and if ANYONE comes across one with the 29JC20Q number--it WAS a remote chassis--that is missing a coil uderneath--it was MINE!! It has been in my possession since 1986.

Also stolen a couple of CTC12 RCA chassis, complete--AFAIK, and a rectangular Zenith chassis. They have also been mine for at least 20 years.

If ANYONE is ofered any of these chassis, or hears anbout them being sold, and they originated from the Ohio area--be aware--they are STOLEN PROPERTY OF MINE.

In other threads--I will post some of the other stoen items, such as the SS chassis I had, the ELcassete deck I had--and a large number of flybacks and triplers also stolen.

Jack.

NowhereMan 1966
01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Oh, man, I hope you find your stuff soon and the perp who did it. It's a bummer that there are thieves like that out there. I hate to say it but I wonder if they are after the metal and copper, things like that, I've heard stories of thieves going into abandoned factories and mills just for scrap and copper. Heck, there are stories where they think they are stealing dead electrical wire and they get shocked and killed in the process since it was live. My heart goes out to you and anyone else this happened to, you put you heart and soul and life into this hobby, or any hobby, and then some scumbum comes along and does this.

snelson903
01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
ill keep an eye for them, im in indiana and i always search all northern indiana craigslist for any new posted tv's and parts.

Norbert
01-08-2013, 05:31 AM
This is unfortunate, however, I seriously doubt whoever stole this stuff did so knowing what it is in which to sell. That being said, I'm going to assume there is a 99.9% chance that nobody on here will be offered any of it under the table by the so called thief...

I'm sure it was stolen for the scrap value. I would call all your area scrappers and see if anything like this is coming in. If you are fortunate enough to deal with a person who speaks English at one of these places, you might have a chance.

soundman2
01-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Sadly, there are some nasty, evil people out there who are just ready to steal something of value from someone else. In November 2011 my workshop was broken into and though NOTHING was taken, it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. As for morons who steal LIVE high voltage cable.....well they get everything they deserve and an early grave!

holmesuser01
01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Sorry this happened to you.

Sandy G
01-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I have absolutely NO sympathy at all for low-lifes who get turned to Extra-Crispy when stealing copper...Yeah, its HARSH & all, but nobody was holdin' a gun on 'em when they did it...

Charlie
01-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Jack, I hate that happened to you. I hope something turns up.

But WOW guys! Man! What is the world coming to??? That's pretty darn bad when someone steals vintage TV sets chassis!!

Sandy G
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
No kiddin', Charlie...Y'know,I lost a .50 Desert Eagle pistol to a gal who was livin' in my garage apartment, living there by Yrs Trly as a "Favor" to her dying mother..And that's not ALL they got...a roll of 1921 bright uncirculated Morgan silver dollars...And a BUNCH of stuff I've forgotten...They got what, maybe 50-100 bucks for that $1250 Desert Eagle...Shit,I'd GIVEN her $100 NOT to steal th' damthing..Still got most of the box of shells for it..

NowhereMan 1966
01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Sadly, there are some nasty, evil people out there who are just ready to steal something of value from someone else. In November 2011 my workshop was broken into and though NOTHING was taken, it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. As for morons who steal LIVE high voltage cable.....well they get everything they deserve and an early grave!

Well, that's shows how karma can work. :p

old_coot88
01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I have absolutely NO sympathy at all for low-lifes who get turned to Extra-Crispy when stealing copper...Yeah, its HARSH & all, but nobody was holdin' a gun on 'em when they did it...
Google 'Copper thieves electrocuted' :eek: Yeeuck!:puke:
Darwin at work.

rca2000
01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Well...the police have the LONG list of stolen items. It ranges from a couple of blowers to those color chassis and a WHOLE lot in between!! NOT expecting to get much--if anything back....but somehow ..hopeful... One stereo chassis I lost was an Airline with SE 7868 outs...one is on EBAY RIGHT NOW--(NOT mine, AFAIK), and it is being offered for 124.99!! They MIGHT get what 1.00 for scrap metal from it??

Such a LOSS!!

ctc17
01-09-2013, 01:08 AM
No doubt it was a local and its being sold as scrap.

Reece
01-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Of course it went for scrap. They would have no idea what it was. Same as the yokes etc. that are yanked out of sets put out on the curb, and worse, where they steal outdoor A/C units for the copper. There are parts of Philadelphia and I'm sure other cities where they can't keep the street lights on for having the cables stolen. Some years ago in Lancaster PA some genius decided to steal some heavy copper catenary overhead electric train wire from an unused siding. Siding was unused but the wire was still hot. Darwin won that one.

kx250rider
01-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Very disturbing to hear about, and if you can't solve the theft, I hope it was someone who knows what the stuff is, and that it will be saved somewhere. Assuming that it might not be, I'd check with any local metal scrappers in the area of the theft, and offer a bounty for the safe return of the chassis; for peace of mind that you tried if nothing else.

Charles

oldtvman
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately they are probably headed for the scrap yard. People who take things like that have no idea what they have.

sanjarali
01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I am sad to know this story. :tears: Thief is gislan كسول حثالة . :thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2k22z8vH128/TOmz0JFDJPI/AAAAAAAAH8A/KmppB_n304g/s320/hand0_1-620_1767454c.jpg

this is where cut!:tresbon::yes:

wa2ise
01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8918289
Someone tried to steal the wire feeding a church.

Charlie
01-09-2013, 09:22 PM

That story is not as un-common as one might think. My area has had similar stories in the news... low-lifes stealing the AC units from churches. it's becoming more common now to see a "cage" around the outside condensor units of churches and businesses.

KTRK... Long live Marvin Zindler with those blue glasses!! :D

6GH8cowboy
01-10-2013, 09:26 AM
In my neighborhood, anything with scrap metal however insignificant will be picked up by someone in a truck. Metal in general is .04 a pound and I fail to see how that pays for the gas and brakes. Its become kind of a game to see how long something stays at the street. 20 min is the average, 30 sec is the record.

Sad

kx250rider
01-10-2013, 10:33 AM
In my neighborhood, anything with scrap metal however insignificant will be picked up by someone in a truck. Metal in general is .04 a pound and I fail to see how that pays for the gas and brakes. Its become kind of a game to see how long something stays at the street. 20 min is the average, 30 sec is the record.

Sad

I put a coffee table frame (maybe 10 lbs of cheaply brass-plated steel) out for the bulky item pickup on Sunday night at 11:30, and it was already gone by sunrise on Monday. Scavengers got it; not the trash truck.

Charles

kvflyer
01-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Similarly here in NE Florida. We put a small steel drum inside of the regular trash wheelie bin. I walked to my house (three doors away) from my cousin's house. When I returned, 2 minutes later, the lid of the bin was closed (instead of sticking up). Someone had investigated the bin, removed the drum and closed the bin within those two minutes... and no truck or car was seen! It was like magic.

magnasonic66
01-12-2013, 04:50 AM
I have no sympathy for anyone desperate enough to steal someones prized television parts or sets, for the scrap value. Or anything else that's still being used. I'm angry for your loss.

sampson159
01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
dont think it was a scrapper.those chassis' are heavy but not much value for scrap.i wouldnt lug one around for 2-3 dollars.good chance they are intact and maybe in a collectors hands.crossing my fingers that you get them back.

Einar72
01-12-2013, 12:50 PM
You mean like buying from an art thief? I still vote for the tweakers getting them. They don't often have much mental function left, and metal is metal to them.

josephdaniel
01-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Sorry to say it but it's probably headed for scrap I have seen some late 60s sets that had the picture tube busted out to get the yoke and I have seen them get so desperate as to steal the tubes. Sad and pathetic

Dude111
01-15-2013, 11:35 PM
I am very sorry this happend and i do hope you can find the idiots responsible!

Good luck :)

NowhereMan 1966
01-19-2013, 09:55 PM
I have no sympathy for anyone desperate enough to steal someones prized television parts or sets, for the scrap value. Or anything else that's still being used. I'm angry for your loss.

Me neither. Jack and I'm sure all of us have poured a lot of our lives, money, blood, sweat, tears and prayers into our radio and TV hobbies over the years only to have something like that happen. All of the hard work and years put into it snuffed out by some scumbum(s) who come along and take it away. I know we live in hard times, but stealing stuff like this is pure wrong. Even in today's rotten economy, you can get a job to at least survive if you have to. That is better than all the bad karma they would get from stealing Jack's stuff, one day karma will bite them in the butt, maybe not tomorrow but there will be that day.

frenchy
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Would a scrap metal place even accept an entire TV chassis like that since it has so many misc. components that aren't metal? Or do they just weigh the thing and give em some cash? This really stinks, hope against hope that you get it back. There is a special place in hell for thieves that are so stupid they don't even know how special or valuable something they steal is when they sell it as junk. Too bad the chassis wasn't plugged in with a couple of wires hooked up to the B+, and a sign saying "grab here to steal this".

old_coot88
01-21-2013, 09:25 PM
... Too bad the chassis wasn't plugged in with a couple of wires hooked up to the B+, and a sign saying "grab here to steal this".Hell, you'd get sued by the perp.

NewVista
02-03-2013, 12:25 AM

Houston is a Sanctuary City (http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp) which means huge 'Cash-Economy' (copper theft-for-cash)

I know someone who had this done to his city storage building, Electric Co replaced wiring for free

Also friends' air conditioners disappearing ('Mad Max' post-Apocalypticism)