View Full Version : Conar 250 scope literature

reeferman
12-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Might anyone have the assembly/instruction manual/service manual(s)?
Thanks
Phil

Findm-Keepm
12-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks
Phil

Phil,

Conar was the "brand" that an at-home technical school used. NRI is the school, and some limited info is online - a google search would help. The service and assembly instructions were one in the same.

I once built a 6 digit Conar frequency counter, a leftover from a friend's unfinished course. After 9 lessons and about $1300, he'd had enough.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Findm-Keepm
12-14-2012, 10:49 PM
I just saw a picture of a Conar 250 - it looks similar to an Eico 460 oscope - you might compare the tube complement to the Eico and other period Heathkits and Knightkits to see if the schematics are similar.

Cheers,

earlyfilm
12-15-2012, 10:22 AM

Phil,

I have a Conar 250 scope. If you need to know the value of any burned-up part, contact me by email through VideoKarma and I can check my scope.

I've been looking for my manual for the last two years to do a recapping and now assume that it was accidentally discarded when I moved in the fall of 2007 or it just may have found a very good hiding place.

I acquired my scope from a neighbor in 1972. He previously had started the NRI course, but gave up on electronics and worked in a different field.

He said the scope had worked for a few days and then died. A quick check revealed several bad solder connections, which I fixed and it worked. At the time, I had a better RCA scope, so the Conar was put away and forgotten. When my RCA went belly-up in 2004, in desperation I pulled out the Conar and much to my surprise, it still worked!

James.

reeferman
12-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. The scope is working and I was hoping to tweak it.
Phil

earlyfilm
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM

Phil,

After two years of searching, I located my lost assembly manual that had been hiding in plain sight.

OK, it was packed in an unlabeled envelope in the box with my dead RCA scope, once again proving that to find anything lost, one must look for something else!

It is the complete 60 page assembly, probe wiring and user manual, along with a 1961 clipping on converting a standard scope to a triggered sweep scope that came with the scope when it was given to me in 1972.

The book includes the printed-circuit parts identification and the specifications of the components.

It is all there except for the large fold-out schematic. (If that turns up later, I will let you know.)

I scanned the book, and if you or anyone else wants a copy, email me with Conar 250 in the header.

The PDF is too big to post on VideoKarma, so I will have to email it.

James

reeferman
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
James,
That's a very kind offer. Sending you a PM.
Thanks
Phil