View Full Version : DuMont Telecruiser

Telecruiser
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I recently posted new pictures of the interior of the DuMont Telecruiser. There is still a lot to do, but there are actual images on the monitors. On the program monitor, you will see actual images shot by the DuMont cameras as they covered the funeral of J.D. Tippit. He was the Dallas Police officer who was murdered by Lee Oswald. The video was courtesy of my friends at WFAA-TV. Take a look at www.telecruiser.com

Sandy G
12-01-2012, 10:05 PM
I applaud ANYBODY who's brave-Or INSANE-enuff- to tackle a project such as this...

bgadow
12-01-2012, 10:19 PM
I follow the Hemmings Motor News blog every day and it was great to see them chatting about the Telecruiser. I hope to see it in person someday. You've got something to be proud of!

hi_volt
12-02-2012, 08:43 AM
THAT is way cool. I love the old style busses. Sometimes I think I was born 40 years too late.

holmesuser01
12-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Thank you, Telecruiser, for the emails you replied to on Saturday night. (Asking about the Buick 8 engine)

I'm nothing short of thrilled with the progress that has been made on this piece of history!

Those big old package unit Carrier air conditioners... I'm not at all surprised that it worked after all these years... The things were built like tanks! BUT it was huge and I fully understand removing it... I applaud your efforts to install A/C that won't be so obvious in the future.

I will be keeping my eyes open for anything DuMont in the future for you.