View Full Version : Convergence need a little touchup?

lnx64
11-12-2012, 07:47 PM
I know I've asked before, but upon looking at this, the top right region shows the color red loosing convergence quite a bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/convergence1.jpg

I have tried to adjust it as good as I can, and this IS as good as I can get it.

Video is being generated by my Sega Genesis using a special test pattern ROM.

I know I can't expect perfect, but I just kind of would like to see the top right match all the other corners.

sampson159
11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
you will never get it perfect.remember,you will be viewing it from at least 5-6 ft anyway.you will go quite mad if you pursue perfection.that is whats happened to me!

lnx64
11-12-2012, 09:13 PM
True. I keep doing this to myself, keep making adjustments trying to get it better, but keep forgetting the TV is older than me.

I'm not perfect either. :P

jr_tech
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
True. I keep doing this to myself, keep making adjustments trying to get it better

Sometimes, I worry that you will wear out all the pots, trying to achieve perfect convergence, color tracking, linearity and other parameters.

The bad news... It ain't ever gonna look like a flat screen!

The good news... It ain't ever gonna look like a flat screen!

jr

lnx64
11-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Not trying to make it look like a flat screen.

Trying to make it look like my Sony PVM. ;)

stromberg6
11-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Spent about 8 hours one day with a CT-100, and spent the next 8 hours drinking to forget the first 8 hours :D. spent about 3 hours on my first CTC-7, and the thing looked really good, and held convergence for many years with only minor touch ups.