View Full Version : Hello from Sacramento!

StellarTV
10-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi guys! :banana:

I hopped right in on posting with my old account, and never wrote up an introduction lol...

So, my name is Justin; my tv and phono hobby has morphed into pretty much a full time TV/audio restoration business that I've set up here in the Sacramento area. I moved down here from the Carson City, Nevada area within the past year since there seem to be a lot more people down here interested in the cool old stuff.

I'm also into retro games and vintage 70s and 80s computers. I'm 28, so those computers were 'old' by the time I started messing with them. I learned to type on an Apple IIe which the school still had in their computer lab before getting rid of them in about 92 for Color Classic Macs. I love playing with the old hardware.

Growing up I picked up the family trade from my father which is Goldsmithing. I worked as an apprentice and journeyman goldsmith with my father before moving to Cali. An interesting trade, but really not my calling compared to electronics and technical things.

Also into classic cars; love to restore, tinker with, and drive them. Sort of a jack of all trades but master of none. :yes:

Nice to know that I'm not the only vintage tv collector junkie out there, it's a very unique hobby! I think the devices themselves are brilliant; quite aside from how they are programmed.

So, see you all around!

Sandy G
10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Nice t'have ya ! Welcome !

azbigsam
10-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Welcome Justin, I'm new too. Do you have any old cars now?

bandersen
10-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Welcome to VK :wave:

StellarTV
10-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi, and thanks guys.

@BigSam: Welcome! I sold a couple when I moved to CA but right now I have a 1957 Imperial.

Bill R
11-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Wish I could make a living restoring and repairing vintage electronics. There just isn't enough work here for that. But it is something I love to do. I used to do some when I had my service center, but my main business was repair of pro audio / lighting and music industry gear.