View Full Version : 1976 Worldwide Entertainment Systems

old_tv_nut
09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
I hope this is the right place, because the only forum that mentions projection is "Early Black and White and Projection" -and this is projection, but not early or black and white.

Well, anyway:
I got this 1976 ad for a "Worldwide Entertainment" brand self-contained front projo. It seems very similar to a Sony KP 5010:

http://www.technikum29.de/en/communication/television

but you can't tell for sure because it is shown folded up in its storage position such that the lenses are not visible.

Anyone know anything about these? Were they re-branded Sony's, or??

bgadow
09-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Thoughts: it gives a factory/showroom address in Rockville, MD. There was (is?) a company based in Rockville (but different address and phone number) called Theatre Vision. I'm not sure how widely known they are but they used to advertise quite a bit on the Baltimore/DC stations. I was watching one of their ads on an old tape just a few weeks ago. They stated in the commercial that they manufactured their sets in-house, and for other companies as well. That's all I know.

old_tv_nut
09-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Sounds like they may have bought the front projo and high gain screen, and built the cabinet and mirror to reflect backwards.