View Full Version : NOS GE Spacemaker 9" AC/DC color TV/radio

radiotvnut
09-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Here's one I just picked up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkt4KmFdg4g

This is a 1990 GE Spacemaker 9" AC/DC color TV/radio combination. I'm sure these were rather expensive in 1990; but, are not worth a flip to most people these days (despite it being NOS).

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/radiotvnut/spacemaker009_zpsf4c63c81.jpg

AiboPet
09-21-2012, 07:48 AM
COOL set!!

A little big for my "micro" collection....but I do now have a couple 9" sets I just couldn't pass up, like a little white panasonic 9" remote color set (the one with the funny "telephone handset" looking power cable). That was just ten bucks and REAL clean...and with it's original remote. I almost picked up a little 5" spacemaker color the other day.....but for some reason I don't like "long" TV sets. I really like the ones with shorter CRTs and are more cube looking. They look more "cute" I guess.

magnasonic66
09-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I have a three inch Spacemaker color set with power tuning, I didn't get the mounting brackets with it, and I misplaced the cord of course. I have a black and white set as well. Nice find!

Sandy G
09-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Never knew they made 3" & 9" versions...Only familiar w/the ubiquitous 5.5" ones...

jstout66
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Man.. I bet that WAS pricey back in the day. IIRC.. even in 1990, small screen sets cost quite a bit.
I LOVE your youtube videos btw.......

Rod Beauvex
03-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Do you happen to know what Picture tube is in this? I'm curious to see if it is is the same one in my '86-'87 GE 8-0904, also a 9" set.

Celt
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
I used to have a 9" TV only version in ivory.

dieseljeep
03-03-2013, 10:01 AM
COOL set!!

A little big for my "micro" collection....but I do now have a couple 9" sets I just couldn't pass up, like a little white panasonic 9" remote color set (the one with the funny "telephone handset" looking power cable). That was just ten bucks and REAL clean...and with it's original remote. I almost picked up a little 5" spacemaker color the other day.....but for some reason I don't like "long" TV sets. I really like the ones with shorter CRTs and are more cube looking. They look more "cute" I guess.
I have two Panasonic sets like yours. I also have two Sonys, that are simular. They all have coiled power cords. The sets are intended the be kitchen sets and came with a swivel mounting bracket, that could mounted under the cabinet. The cords were coiled to keep them off the work surface.
BTW, the Panasonics yellowed real bad, where the Sonys, didn't. :sigh: